• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D features are being removed

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Photoshop 22.5, released in August 2021, Photoshop’s 3D features will be discontinued. 3D features have enjoyed long success within Photoshop over the course of  10+ years, however the personal computing industry has recently been transitioning away from use of OpenGL  (having to do specifically with the use of GPUs, which is critical for 3D) toward native GPU APIs, which ultimately began the slow deterioration of Photoshop’s 3D features, all of which needed OpenGL. As difficult of a decision as removing 3D features from Photoshop is, the silver lining is that the next generation of 3D content creation tools from Adobe is already here. Check out the Substance line of 3D products.

For more details, please visit Photoshop discontinued 3D Q&A.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'.........when we were all promised that creative cloud would include all the adobe software'

When were we promised that? CC plans have never included all Adobe software.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make a valid point, but I think that the real issue is that none of us on this thread like having features stripped out and put behind a paywall. I don't work with 3D for a living but I do have a 3D printer and for me it was nice have the ability to create simple 3D objects in a program I already know.  I guess I'll just have to commit to learning Blender. (sigh)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... none of us on this thread like having features stripped out.

By @WesB

Please read the section on "Why are Photoshop’s 3D features being discontinued?"

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html#using-latest-and-discontinued-features

...especially the part about DirectX, Metal, and the GPU APIs. 

Adobe has kindly made 22.2 available for longer than they would have for those who need to use 3D in Photoshop.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I read that when it came out and I understand why Adobe might prefer to remove it instead of fixing it in Photoshop. But that doesn't change my dissapointment at losing that funtionality. I simply don't need it bad enough to pay for another program... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could, I would extrude a 3D sad face and post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see light to change light place , to make a different degree of shadow , can someone help me in that case issue 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it is recommended to install an older version to use the 3Dfeatures, as the function is being retired: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-3d-features-are-being-remov...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to download and install PS 2021, version 22.2.0. It's the most stable version that supports 3D. You might not get what you want in any later version of Photoshop as they have discontinued 3D in versions past PS 2021. I have all 3 versions. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines