• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D Gif Exporting Issue

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS 22.2 on a Macbook to create an animated gif of a 3D mockup of a can. I know that the newer PS has disabled its 3d features. I am trying to export this mockup as a gif but the exporting either glitches the animation or isn't fully transparent. This is trying to go on a website. Please see attached for reference. Any ideas of how to get the result to rotate smoothly without the white rectangle at the bottom? 

Also, can rotating the can be done in After Effects? If so, how could I import the 3d mockup from PS into AE and make it spin? 

janee_0-1682964437113.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olivia29058223ob0z wrote on 25 April 2023 

Any ideas of how to get the result to rotate smoothly without the white rectangle at the bottom? 

I've tagged our 3D Expert @davescm to look at your question. Can you post a screenshot of your Layers panel?

Apologies for not seeing your post for a week.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is your 3D object? Where best to go instead of Photoshop depends on that answer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached includes the layer panels, timeline, and save for legacy panel. I'm trying to drop a can label on an already used 2d mockup and somehow the 3d effects are on. Idea is to swap out the can labels and animate it by rotating it. The result is ideally make it a GIF and put multiple of them on a website. If I can't get it to work in PS, what other progams allow me to do this? 

The video attached shows the desired result (minus the white box at the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From your screenshots it looks like a multilayerd mock up file that is using a 3D layer to apply your image texture. 3D in Photoshop is deprecated and being removed. It could be rebuilt in a 3D application such as Blender that would allow for output of multiple renders for animation or in After Effects using Cinema 4D, but neither are as simple as just opening your file in those applications. Both would involve modelling from scratch, or using an imported model can,  and then lighting and texturing to get the same effect.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could I use the 3D Can mockup in Adobe Dimension and then bring the file into Blender without manually making the can? If so, what kinds of files does Blender support for importing? And would I be able to swap out the labels on the can easily?

Is Cinema 4D a separate paid program or does it come with After Effects? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines