• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D is not active

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP (64-Bit) powered by AMD Ryzen and an integrated AMD graphics card. Windows is showing AMD driver as updated. But Photoshop is showing some error and is not allowing me to use the graphics processor for 3D. Because of this my 3D menu is inactive. Photoshop is giving a message that"Photoshop detected an error in your display driver. Update or reinstall the driver..." 
Can anyone help? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working with?
Also, please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 through the Creative Cloud app and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop version is the latest. I use Adobe CC and it updates regularly. The graphics card is AMD integrated. But am not able to select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several things at play here.
1. Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.
2. Led by the changes being made above, Adobe introduced new GPU checks in 23.3.1. Unfortunately, these caused issues and have therefore been revised for v22.4. That means that many GPUs that incorrectly did not work in 22.3.1 will now be seen in 22.4 and will function.
3. Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3
4. Unfortunately, the move to update the core graphics functions will mean that some older GPUs, and some newer that do not meet the current specifications* will no longer be suitable. If you are using 22.4 and your GPU is still not recognised, first make sure the driver is up to date. If it is and you only have a single GPU enabled ( conflicting GPUs remain an issue) then you could try and force Photoshop to use your older GPU by creating a file PSUserConfig.txt containing the lines:
# Force GPU On
GPUForce 1
Save that text file to :
Windows: [InstallationDrive]:\Users \ [UserName]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Adobe\ [Photoshop_version]\[Photoshop_version]Settings\
macOS: //Users/[UserName]/Library/Preferences/[Photoshop_version]Settings/
Note though that this is requires 22.4 or 22.4.1 and is not officially supported by Adobe, so may cause other issues – so you do it at your own risk

* The mimum system requirements are here : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Davescm

Thank you for the really detailed reply. I am grateful.

I tried checking the native canvas in technology previews. But it didnt work. Is this happening because the AMD Radeon Graphics card is integrated with the motherboard? I tried uninstalling the graphics driver and installing it again, updating it again. I also tried installing Photoshop again. But the error shown is 'Photoshop detected in error in the graphics card driver. Please install or update the driver again. I am attaching the screenshot for better clarity.

Your guidance is immensely valued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That last screemshot shows that your integrated GPU is not passing the tests as being suitable for the current version of Photoshop. If your driver is updated using the latest drivers direct from AMD  then you could try step 4 in my previous post - but that may not resolve the issue, if the GPU is genuinely not suitable, and instead may lead to instability and crashes. If it does - then just remove that text file and restart.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. How does one check (ideally before buying a laptop) that the GPU is suitable for photoshop or not. I purchased this laptop recently. I am attaching a screenshot of the AMD Radeon Software screen. Is this a qualified GPU for photoshop? 

If its not, do I have any other option?

regards
Parag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current system requirements are published here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines