• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 6.0 re-install problems

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used my Photoshop 6.0 for years with no problems.  Today it became corrupted.  I have spent hours to resolve it, without success.  I seriously need your help.  I have uninstalled and then re-installed Photoshop 6.0 from my CD-ROM.

It only now works one single time after re-installation, then tells me: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error.  Sorry but this error is unrecoverable".

Photoshop 6.0 will work only ONE time after re-installing it, then reverts the next time to the error notice above.  Can my CD-ROM re-installer have become corrupted/changed in the process?

Any hope of resolving this impasse?  I need all your help, please!

With thanks

Richard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The strange thing is that Photoshop 6.0 can operate out of the program folder without reinstall provided your drive is less than 1TB. If you have a backup, you simply move the Photoshop 6.0 folder to the drive and run the program.

Also if I remember correctly, Windows has a compatibility mode for old programs by right-clicking on Photoshop.exe and choosing Properties. You can try XP or 98.

The  honest truth is that 6.0 is way outdated for both the OS and hardware. It's 20 years old. You might opt for Photoshop Elements if you want something you can own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled using the PS6.0 disk that I own and it's still giving me problems I'm at an impasse and I'm not sure what you mean as far as "running it out of the file folder"? Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean the Photoshop.exe program found in the Photoshop 6 folder under Program Files (x86), which is the default folder for 32 bit Windows programs. Also when installing, left-click the installer

and choose "Run as Administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines