• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 7.0 not saving pics on Windows 10 PC

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop 7.0 is not saving pictures on My Windows 10 PC.  This started a few weeks ago.  could it have been caused by a Windows update?

The same programme is working perfectly on My Windows 10 laptop,  and is having no problem saving pictures.

Please can anyone help so I can stop screaming at My PC and wishing very evil things on the Windows programmers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the ps 7 preferences by going to

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0

and deleting the

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings

folder.

If you have a custom workspace saved you can go to the WorkSpaces folder and move the file to your desktop and put it in the new  WorkSpaces folder after running ps 7 once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhh It's gorgeous, Jeff. I had the problem that I couldn't save file as .jpg. , everytime I saved it an error occurred. It just happenned today and I had tried to fixed it many many ways all day long and no-ways work. But finally I met this solution from you so that I did it as your way then ALL FIXED. Thank you very very much, Jeff. Everything back to work now. 
Big Thanks m8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting Photoshop preferences

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Are you getting some kind error message when you try to save a file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when ever I try to save any work I get a message " File not found.  Check file name and try again."  preceded by the file location I am trying to save the picture in.

It seems to be acting as if I'm asking it to look for a file instead of saving an item into a file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds more like a permissions issue, try disabling this option

Turn off Controlled Folder Access:

• Select Start  > Settings .
  • Choose Update & security  > Windows Defender.
  • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
  • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
  • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought but are you trying to save to a disk larger than 1TB ?  PS7.0 can't see disks larger than that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old question, but I was having a similar problem with JPEGs taken from an iPhone and an iPad. My workaround was to use the old Windows program Paint to open them and then save them as "24 bit bitmap (*.bmp)" which preserves all the original pixels. You can then open and edit the BMP file in Photoshop and successfully save it as JPEG again. Converting to BMP seems to wipe the problematic Apple cruft off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true it won't to save to a large disk, so I saved to Pictures on C drive (less than 1Tb), and can later move to a folder of my choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but only in the last month.  Was working fine.  I have tried some of the remedies suggested but I don't have those files or folders on my device.  Can anyone else help.  Thanks.  BTW  I have Photoshop Images which works well.  No problem saving.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Hank31932185ym8z you are replying to a 4+ year old thread. If you have a new issue, it would be best to create a new post outlining your specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines