• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop action to ignore image of a specified dimension

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for some tips on how to create a PS action that will work only on images that are larger than 1024 x 1024.  in other words, I don't want to scale up to 1024, only down to 1024 x 1024

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Automate > Fit Image has the option to fit without upsizing and can be recorded into an Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

You have option Don't Enlarge in Fit Image so script will skip images smaller then desired dimensions.

fit image dialogue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automate > Fit Image has the option to fit without upsizing and can be recorded into an Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your quick reply.  I am unsure however how that helps my action ignore images of a specific size.   I have a folder full of images of varying sizes 512 to 4k images.  I only want to scale down images that are larger than 1024 x 1024.  smaller images (i.e. the 512 x) are to be skipped by the scaling action and remain at their original dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have option Don't Enlarge in Fit Image so script will skip images smaller then desired dimensions.

fit image dialogue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lars Fabiunke25514244neen  - That is exactly what I recommended. Give it a go with an image smaller and larger than your target dimensions, as shown in the screenshot from @Bojan Živković 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you all.  I made it work with the suggestion you provided!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upscaling is a word @Stephen_A_Marsh .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković wrote:

Upscaling is a word @Stephen_A_Marsh .

Yeah, I was replying from my phone and couldn't remember the term used in Photoshop. Don't Enlarge, upscale, uprez, upsize etc. are all of equivalent meaning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines