• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop action

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a 2-3 actions that I created and they have been on my photoshop for at least a year. Until about a month ago, they just disappear or delete themselves. So, I have re-created my actions about 4 times now and whenever I reopen photoshop, they are just gone. How can I stop photoshop from deleting my actions!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are running as an administrator with full disk access to the system folders.

Also you should be saving your actions after you create them so you can reload them when needed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/migrate-actions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Whitney25675653khcp â€“ One should manually save out each action set "folder" individually to an .atn file using the menu on the upper right of the action panel. 

Unsaved action sets are temporarily stored in the Actions Palette presets file (Actions Palette.psp). This file should be considered temporary and may be subject to corruption or loss, which is why making an explicit save to .atn file for each individual action set is strongly advised. 

More here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To prevent action lost move all your actions into single group or folder in the Actions panel. Select that action group then from Actions panel menu choose : Save Actions. You can save in offered location or anywhere on your drive. In case you miss actions revisit place where you saved them and load actions by double clicking on .atn file or using Actions panel menu > Load Actions or choose action set name from the bottom of menu (actions will appear here when saved in default location).

Note: you can not save individual action but rather group of actions (folder in Actions panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines