• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop actions/droplet problems

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright how do I explain this? I have 400 items that are sold in the same package and I created a photoshop action where there is a picture of an item placed on the package photo. This worked all fine, but now I wanted to create a droplet. But the droplet does not work at all. because in my action there is an open command for a product image with a specific name. Any know how to fix it? So I can drop 400 pictures on my droplet and they all get automatically placed on the package?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

The batch/droplet will open the 400 variable images, so remove the current "variable" image step from the action (which isn't variable, it's static). What needs to be in the action is a place or copy/paste/close of the actual static background image. Then this has to be moved behind the variable image and the variable image needs to be sized, positioned, transformed etc.

All that being said, an existing mock-up script may be easier for you use if you are new to actions.

There are many topic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create new document, start recording, save it as .jpg with the name you see, stop recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The batch/droplet will open the 400 variable images, so remove the current "variable" image step from the action (which isn't variable, it's static). What needs to be in the action is a place or copy/paste/close of the actual static background image. Then this has to be moved behind the variable image and the variable image needs to be sized, positioned, transformed etc.

All that being said, an existing mock-up script may be easier for you use if you are new to actions.

There are many topic threads on both of these processes if you search the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was super helpful. I got the action working as I intended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confused placing with saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines