• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop allow working when script is running

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how can I controll photoshop after run my script... For example I want a pannel window which have 2 button and on those button there is a function like to save image or blur or any filter I want individual...so when I run script it is not allowing photoshop to open document or other operation on photoshop... So is there any way to working in photoshop during script running

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

see here: How can Scriptui SnpCreateDialog.jsx be changed to make "palette" that doesn't disappear? 

@c.pfaffenbichler gave good advice - you can try UXP. Making a panel with a couple of buttons that perform simple functions is not difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to provide a meaningful description – what exactly does the Script provide, perform, …? 

Why is the Script still running »after run my script«? 

Why does it not terminate? 

If you actually want a Panel that can always be open (like the default Panels) a Script-dialog would not be a prudent approach* and you should look into UXP Panels. 

*: I recall that it has been posted that a work-around exists to create a non-modal dialog in a Script but it seems risky considering that changes in Photoshop Scripting are supposedly imminent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using photoshop cs5 and this uxp developer tool dosen't support blow cc2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn’t mention that you are using an obsolete Photoshop-version in your original post. 

That matters. 

Did the palette-approach-thread @jazz-y mentioned linked to work out for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see here: How can Scriptui SnpCreateDialog.jsx be changed to make "palette" that doesn't disappear? 

@c.pfaffenbichler gave good advice - you can try UXP. Making a panel with a couple of buttons that perform simple functions is not difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@akash26033888xtxu , did you achieve the intended result? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines