Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop and Bridge 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions of Photoshop and Bridge (2022 v.23.01.) seem to be riddled with bugs. Is it just me or are others also experiencing these problems:

• If I open a Raw image from Bridge, it opens in Camera Raw, but if I then click on "Open", firstly Photoshop takes ages to start, and when it finally does, it doesn't load the image.
  • When I enter text in Photoshop using the text tool, the new text does not show on screen until I confirm by clicking on the Tick icon in the toolbar.
  • When I flatten the layers in an image, the new Background layer shows in the Layers panel thumbnail as transparent, i.e. with a checkerboard background (although the actual image is OK).
  • In Camera Raw, if I use the Guided tool in the Geometry panel, when I go back into another panel,  the cursor does not change back to the Zoom tool as it should, but stays as a cross. Also, when I click on the eye icon above the panel to check the effect of my edits, instead of reverting to the original settings for that panel, it reverts the Geometry settings. This only seems to happen with the Guided tool, not the other Geometry tools.
  • In the Photoshop Help menu, the "About Photoshop" option does not work so I cannot say exactly which build version I have.
  • I have a Radeon HD 5700 graphics card, which is quite a common GPU and is recognised by every other program I have that reports the GPU details. However, Photoshop Preferences states it is an "Unknown GPU".

I have tried resetting my preferences as that seems to be the solution to many problems users report, but that doesn't solve the problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your last problem explains all the others.

Photoshop's GPU functions are in very rapid development, not the least because it's migrated from the deprecated OpenGL platform to DirectX/Metal. Requirements tend to increase with every new release.

Not up to speed on AMD cards, but check the requirements again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find Radeon HD 5700 on the list, closest is Radeon HD 5770 Radeon HD 5700 have 605 passing score which is way below passing score 2000 that newer Photoshop needs https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to know I'm not the only one seeing a litany of bugs in the new update. My biggest one is that when I use Ctrl-Z, Photoshop crashes. A bit annoying for this digital artist. I wish I could give you an answer to fix this, but I cannot.

I ended up going into my preferences and turning off Photoshop's ability to use the GPU. All of my images are grainy-looking until I zoom in at 100%, and there are some GUI glitches, but at least the tools seem to function.

My method (until they patch this update up) is

Preferences > Performance > uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > restart Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 if that matters. It passes the PassMark Software test at 6,231, since I saw that mentioned earlier.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines