Photoshop August 2022 (23.5) update keeps freezing on Windows

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Just wanted to give a shout out and say thanks for updates to something that was already working fine and that in the past 8 hours I've had to cancel out the app through task manager 4 times because it keeps freezing!  

thanks again!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about the trouble with the new update! Which version of Windows are you working on? It Does the app freeze while performing a particular task?

It would be helpful if you could go to the help menu in Photoshop, then System info & share the info with us here.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep well i've tried resetting and changing some of the preferences without any luck. It is also doing the same thing on my Wacom mobile pro since i updated that yesterday! No particular task involved...it just freezes when it feels like it.

I have the best solution - have reverted to the previous version and have no intentions of updating until i convert to Windows 11 (which is what these updates are most likely geared for) and that wont happen until i NEED to buy a new system which hopefully is some time away yet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines