Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Automation - Color

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'd like to create automated files for advertising, so I have my file with everything ready. In my file I have a Call-to-action, which i would like to change txt and color, for the txt it was pretty easy, but how can you change the background color automatically? 

Thanks 🙂

Q

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change it automatically to what?  

Please describe the intended process in a more meaningful manner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is to have an hexa color in my excel file, and that it takes the hexa and change the background color of my call to action. Same way it would change my text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search the forum you should find other scripts for changing colour from a CSV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the background a solid color fill layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could, as it's jus a rectangle with a fill i could make it a solid color layer and mask it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn’t you post a meaningful screenshot to clarify the image’s Layer struture? 

If data-driven graphics don’t meet your needs then, as @Stephen_A_Marsh already indicated, you may need to use a Script. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good one, variable image replacement may be easier, create all the different colour files and then swap them out as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines