Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta install issue

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic Photoshop Beta

Early this week,  I downloaded Photoshop Beta and it made itself the default in Bridge and Lightroom. Had a heck of a time trying to fix it, finally reinstalled Photoshop and deleted the beta version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

@Gary M15B9 

The last version installed is the one that becomes the default. It is recommended to install in order and uninstall in reverse order.

In Bridge, you can change the association in Edit > Preferences (Windows). I don't use LR and don't know how to change it there.

Is everything working for you now?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H davescm What you say is true for Mac but in Windows there is no option to do this.

By @malcolmd7793713

Dave only uses Windows. Did you try what he said? Open the version of Photoshop first.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have and it does as he says

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

I have the same issue drives me mad having to remove PS and reinstall everytime update to Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening the version of Photoshop you want to use, then opening Lightroom. It works fine here that way (on Windows)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have just tried what you suggested and it does as you say thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

It works, but it is a work-a-round and I feel it is not the answer. I will try this with LR, BR and Windows OS. The beta version of PS should not be changing links in LR, LRC, BR and Windows OK. Look at my above reply to Kevin.

Thank you for your response,

My Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gary M15B9 ,

First I'm not an Adobe employee same as the others. We are volunteers/experts that assist in the forum.

Second, if you had read my post, the beta version is NOT changing links in LR, LRC and BR. The OS is. It is doing an expected behavior and allowing the most recent install of an application to be used as the default to open documents. Did you change the default application in the Windows settings?

You seem to be at odds about issues that are expected when testing a beta version of software and unwilling to listen to the reasons why these behaviors occur. Again as @D Fosse posted, you are not being forced to test beta software and you assume any risk when installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer wrote

Hi David,

Kevin, I think you mean @Gary M15B9 ? 

janee_0-1686081273405.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. Thanks Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried to change the default to but it did not work. So I guess I need to drink the Kool-Aid and go with the flow or stop using it and wait until there is a proven product.

My Best.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines