Photoshop Blend Brush Question Alt versus I

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about the Blend Brushes in Photoshop. Some brushes, as an example, Kyle's Real Oils - 01, while pressing and holding Alt to select a foreground color, pull up the eyedropper tool like the regular brush tool does and works fine. Others, like Kyle's Paintbox - Gouache Thick, when you press and hold Alt, instead of the eyedropper tool it pulls up a target reticle and as far as I can tell, you cannot select a color with it and in fact I have no idea what it's purpose is and I haven't successfully found an answer for what it's supposed to do. These are both blending brushes included in the modern Creative Cloud subscription. Is there a way to disable the target or a way to modify the brush so Alt pulls up the eyedropper instead of the target? I could probably just use I, but I use a macropad with my Cintiq and I only have so many keys! I need Alt a lot more. I took a bad picture of my screen with my phone to show what I mean. Thank you! 

RachelB82B_1-1654043840776.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the down arrow to the right of the current brush load thumbnail and turn on Load Solid Colors Only. I think that will do what you want, right? It will still appear as a target icon, but only sample a solid color.

setting.png

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, I think you should check your preferences of photoshop maybe something can help you...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines