Photoshop: Blinking Share Button (23.4.1) MacOs Monterey

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with a blinking 'share' button (see attached video) and it's driving me nuts. (imac 27", OS Monterey, Photoshop 23.4.1) My solution at the moment is a piece of paper with tape to cover it, but I'm hopeful there will be a better solution for this bug.

Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The blue Share button is most annoying thing Adobe has introduced, I noticed that it flickers when I close an open document but it only happens during that time, luckily we can change the colour so it's not so annoying, thanks to this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-23-2-2-share-button-is-distracti...

2022-07-21 12_52_39-Window.png

You could try resetting your Photoshop preferences

2022-07-21 09_51_30-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip on how to change the colour.

Resetting preferences doesn't help unfortunatly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the blinking thing is something Adobe did in response to the complaints about the blue button. Unfortunately, they still don't seem to understand the issue. It's now gray (blinks when first launching PS), but only when you don't have any images open. Then stupidly goes back to blue when you do.

Clicking the option to reset the preferences has zero to do with the button. That does exactly - and only - what it says. It sets the preferences back to the defaults.

Go to the page Ged_Traynor linked to. Specifically, page 3 where I updated my tip on how to "fix" the button. Personally, I don't change the white value.

The panel is a nice GUI way to do this, but I find manually editing the text file to be easier. Especially since you can then set a copy of it aside. When Adobe posts a new update for PS and the button goes back to blue, all you have to do is shut PS down and copy your edited text file back in. Done.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines