• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop/Bridge Image Processor Issue (closing unsaved files)

Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first reported this in 2020. No change.

When running Image Processor from Bridge via photoshop, any open files in Photoshop (that have been selected in Bridge for processing) will close after processing -including UNSAVED FILES. I have never had unsaved files close without prompt in Apple OS.

In 2020, I was advised to trash the PS image processor, which I have done. Issue persists.

Test procedure: Open new or existing files in PS. Make changes to files, but do not save. Select the test files from a folder in Bridge: Tools>Photoshop>Image processor> Make JPG copies of files. 

The files will close after Image Processor tasks complete, and unsaved changes to the selected files will be lost.

We work in a large, high profile production studio, using Image Processor with hundreds of files daily. This is a major issue for us. This occurs in multiple iterations of PS & BR, with multiple (current) versions of Apple OS (not tested on PC's)

The same issue did occur using earlier, recent Photoshop WITHOUT Bridge, but that issue appears to be (mostly) resolved. (I was a beta tester for PS1.0, and a contiuous daily user since that time)

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. I'm not able to reproduce. My steps in the linked video. I created 3 new files and painted on them and did not save. Ran Image Processor from Bridge on selected images in Bridge. The 3 files were left open in Photoshop. https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/491a0744-7fa0-45b4-75c8-dc34985d86ae 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines