• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush affecting outside of line

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to use the brush tool for masking, but the brush is masking out areas not being painted over. Seems to be an issue no matter how I adjust hardness/flow.

This was not an issue until today, after creating a custom brush and going back to the default hard round/soft round brush.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why in the screen recording the brush is off center, its not off center when actually using the brush, but the affected area is outside of the brush line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video, it helps. I'll help you figure this out. What version of Photoshop are you working on? Are you using a Stylus pen or just the mouse for input?

As a basic step, try resetting the Brush tool:

Reset Rotate tool.jpg

If this does not help, ensure no stale preferences in your Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe
    SameerK_0-1677096544979.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sameer,

Im using Photoshop CC 2023 24.1.1

This error is happening with both a stylus pen and a mouse.

Resetting the brush tool did not work, and I am not sure I fully understand the no stale preferences steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These steps will help you back up Photoshop's current set of preferences. I've given you some shortcuts to get to the right location quickly. If you'd like, you can follow the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines