• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop bugging out constantly, difficult to keep a workflow

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to a computer with windows 11 home and the bugs, crashes and spasms on photoshop are getting insane. 

Here is a list:
- random spasms in the scrubby zoom where is causes it to spasm and pixelate 
- the brush stops working entirely
- after that all tools stop working, where the top tool bar with t he settings displays the settings for the new tool for a few seconds before returning to a previous tool
- stops accepting all forms of commands at all
- freezes, without crashing or anything

- frozen on a wrong value window, unable to even save

I have 32 gigs of ram and it does get filled extremely quickly so I do keep an eye on that, however these freezes shouldnt be because of the ram since when they occur the ram usually isnt full. I know when it fills up because photoshop slows down and starts lagging, but these are completely different. 
The graphics card is an nvidia 3080 with a studio driver so I don't think that could be the problem.

All in all it is getting soooo frustrating to try and work with the program randomly, essencially crashing at least 4-10 times a day. LUCKILY I can press cntrl+S and save even when such a crash occurs. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @gerintzeto, let's see if we can get you back to a working state.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines