• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop camera raw filter adjustment brush not working

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I desperately need some help. I am trying to change the background on an image. I am using camera raw filter, adjustment brush. Until today, it was working fine. I changed the background many times to full white and no problems. Today, I tried to do the same thing and it is not working. When I use the brush and brush it to white, as soon as I click on another tool or OK, it undoes what I did and disappears. When I go to camera raw, every other tool works. For example, if I try to darken it, it stays there and when I click OK, it shows on the original image. I tried emptying cash, unistall Photoshop, resetted settings, nothing worked. I attached a video. Please help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

On the video you provided, I didn't see you change anything with the adjustment brush.  It was essentially just a blank brush.  What version of Photoshop are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the video you provided, I didn't see you change anything with the adjustment brush.  It was essentially just a blank brush.  What version of Photoshop are you running?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I see too George. 

In the first part of the video, there is a brush applied, but now one has to later one or more sliders to produce an edit. 

Klaudia26511256hnka, can you make a similar brush stroke and then immediately after, move say Exposure or another slider? You should see that area update. If not, it could be another issue like GPU but lets be sure you are applying a visible edit on top of the brush stroke. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have set mask overlay color to white, and thats why you see "changes" while painting. Overlay is checked so it seems like there is adjustment applied, you want to lighten I guess, but in reality no slider is moved so no change is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same thing: Your brush mask is white, but there are no changes to the actual exposure, so when you click done, nothing happens. You need to adjust some of the brush setting, like exposure to have anything happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG thank you everyone. You are right. The exposure was set to 0 somehow, that is why it didn't show. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines