• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop can't open any type of video file - Dynamic Media Link Server error ?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anytime I try and open a video files with Photoshop, it could be an Mp4, Mov anything Photoshop gives me an error - it could not connect to the Dynamic Media Link Server. Photoshop sometimes buffers like its opening the file and nothing happends, I then have to force quite or I get the error message.

I have re-installed Photoshop and updated it but still the same thing, it actaully started after I installed a pluf in for After Effects, not sure if that can have naything to do with it but any info or advice would be mich appreciated.

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would recmomend to search this forum for dynamicmedia

some fixed the issue with a reinstall, others recreated the preferences, some had to seach for dynamicmedia.txt file on their computer, then move it to the desktop.

Also, if you are using an M1 mac, you will have to run Ps in Rosetta mode to work on videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I noticed that the dynamic link media server folder is empty, is that folder meant to contain no files?Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 16.04.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines