Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Can't Open more then 2 Files/Windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Photoshop Community,

Yesterday I updated the latest version of Photoshop, Version 22.5. After the update my Photoshop is showing some sort of bug/problem. When I want to open more then 2 files (psd/psd/jpeg etc.) I crashes. For example, when I opened a PSD file and within that file I open a Smart Object (what will open in a new window) nothing will happen, but when I open one more PSD file or Smart Object, Photoshop will start to crash and have to restart Photoshop again. It does this for 2 days now and everytime I open 3 windows/files it will happen. 

Is there anyone else who encountered this problem or has a solution tho fix this?

P.S. This happes on a Windows 10 laptop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to do a rest of the Adobe Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and no luck there! Since the update PS is not workable aymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't help for me, it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a page with some things you could try. I see you have tried some things already, like resetting preferences:

https://www.howtogeek.com/675751/how-to-fix-adobe-photoshop-cc-if-its-crashing-or-slow/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help either. It still doesn't help. I think it's a bug or something in the newest update of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have found A solution. I deinstalled the latest version of Photoshop and installed the previous version and now everything seems to work like it should be. So I think it is a bug in the latest update of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on my computer and we use Adobe Photoshop for work and it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are extremely sorry about the issue you are facing.

We need few information from you to understand the issue, please provide the details:

1.  The test files, share as shared asset in cloud/ or message me directly.
  2.  System Information (Help>System Info)
  3.  Zip the Settings folder and share the same, path :

Windows : Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings 

Thanks,

Agrita Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agrita,

I had this issue with 22.5 now with 22.5.1 the issue is not there anymore.
I solved it by going back to 22.4.3 at that moment. Then later it was
automatically updated again to 22.5.1

Met vriendelijke groet,

Marc Bruns
[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues as well with same parameters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have been having the same issue.  Opens two files just fine then if I open a third it stops responding.  The files are less than 500K in total.  I have been only opening one file at a time and figured I would try again tonight since Photoshop was updated to version 23, but the issue remains.  I guess it is back to only working on one or two files at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem in here. It is crazy annoying. Do you have any solving? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, extremly annoying. I tryed all include delete preferences, reinstall PS, used previous PS verzion, disable openGL.. Nothing helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Windows 10 Reliability history viewer crash reports for your Photoshop Stop working crashes?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem, cannot open more than 2 files (PSD, JPG, PDF etc), either using Ctrl+O, dragging or any other method.

I've already made a reset to my preferences.

I have no way to create a crash report or something since every time it happens I have to manually kill the task.

Running windows 10 on a laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have to manually kill Photoshop it sounds like Photoshop is not crashing it is either hung or looping.   Does the Task manages show that Photoshop is not responding. Is Photoshop using CPU cycles? Post your Photoshop 23 menu Help>System Info.  Have you tried disable Adobe's Native Canvas and your  GPU.  Is you Laptop GPU supported by Photoshop 23 and is its driver  up to date. Show your laptop's  Photoshop 23 menu Help>GPU Compatibility 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by uninstalling the whole creative suite, cleaning my registry and then installing everything again.

My gpu is compatible, and my drivers were already updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are glad that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists. I really don't want to do a full suite unistall/reinstall, but I will if I have to. 
This issue just started for me. Not sure if it relates, but my Cloud storage recently filled up. I'm going to reduce that as see if the issue presists. But all other issues mentioned by previous post are present.

I'll post a view of my Task Manager for reference.
PS 23.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't think it's a cloud space issue. However, try to do a fresh installation of the entire suite as well and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me just an hour ago. I fixed it by first checking if it's GPU-related by unchecking "Use Graphics Processor" in Preferences>Performance. I cant previously open more than 3 files at the same time but after turning that off, I can. I updated my driver (AMD) then after the full installation, I turned on the "Use Graphics Processor" by resetting Photoshop Preferences. That's what I did and it's all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm glad your problem is solved. Thank you for sharing your solution with the whole community. If you need help in the future, please contact us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, that helped me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines