• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop can't open NEF files from a NAS

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now May 26, 2022 and I am using a Synology NAS with Photohop 23.3.2 with Camera RAW vs 14.3.0.1072 and cannot open "NEF" RAW files from my Synology NAS drive. This is the main reason I purchased and set up my NAS drive. I have talked with Adobe techs at great length, and still don't have my issue resolved.  Can anyone help?  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's just get the dumb question out of the way. Can you happily open these files from your local drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if I copy the NEF files from my NAS to my local hard drive, I can open the NEF file with Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Doughboy603, sorry to hear you are having issues with your RAW workflow.  Could you share your process, what are the steps you are doing and any screenshots of the errors you are seeing?  Have you contacted Synology to see if they have any updates/support on this.  Checking the web they seem to have some issue with other RAW files, so maybe that would be a start?  If you can open your RAW files locally, it seems that would be a direction to look into if you have not already.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines