• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Cannot save a file due to the disk error.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I open the psd file, edit it and try to save it, it would show that "You can not save due to the disk error". Could anyone tell me how to fix it?

Is it because I save the file into my external hard drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error that Photoshop could not save the file because of a disk error.

Are you getting the error while saving a specific file to a specific location except the external drive? Does the issue occurs with all the files? Also, which operating system are you running on your computer?

Please check that you have the latest version of Photoshop 2021( 22.0) installed. See this link for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

To troubleshoot the error you're getting while saving, please checkout the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#Troubleshootscratchdisksarefu... and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, doesn't go away after the update. I checked the external disk, seems to be ok, other apps have no problem, just photoshop can't open from lightroom!

No idea how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines