• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop capture pattern uploading to Stock

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent some time trying to find a solution so need help. 

I've created a Library with this set of patterns and exported them but that isn't recognized by Lightroom to upload.

I've tried to upload the psd file containing the patterned layers - editable

They don't convert well in Ai - as they become segmented,  so I've abandoned that option. 

I'm using Photoshop 23.2.2

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

You can not upload PSD either from Bridge, Lightroom or site.

Why patterns become unusable when exported from Photoshop as JPEGs?

Bojan Živković

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Long time ago I have submitted some vector files, here is one example https://stock.adobe.com/123658290

For vector files you may need to submit and JPEG preview. Read more from here https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

this links were very helpful - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent some time trying to find a solution so need help. 

I've created a Library with this set of patterns and exported them but that isn't recognized by Lightroom to upload.

I've tried to upload the psd file containing the patterned layers - editable

HELP

By @collardr

So you have created PSD files with patterns  to submit to Adobe Stock, right? The  next step is importing files into Lightroom, right?

Where is the problem in Lightroom? Lightroom is not recognizing PSD file format? Which release of Lightroom?

I am checking on my end and everything works fine with latest Lr and Ps on Windows.

Is this what you see on your screen?

2022-03-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collardr_0-1648013432281.png

This is where I am now - I exported and thankfully looking more promising than before.

this time I exported the individual Capture layers to files which immediately reduced their size. 

collardr_1-1648013578295.png

Having imported to an album I'm about to upload. 

I notice you use LRC - does that make a difference ? 

I'll push ahead and if you don't mind check in again.

thanks for you help here Bojan Živković

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened up LrC now and opened up the Lightroom Publishing Manager  - I'm uncertain about filling in the Description space - is it just a title required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collardr_0-1648014592451.png

Following your lead I've created the submit to Adobe stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag files and upload. It should ask you to sign in to connect account.

By the way, you can do upload from Bridge which see files on yor drive without importing to catalogue and similar. Bridge also offers quick batch file conversion to convert files to apropriate format to upload.

bridge to stock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help Bojan   - I've just re installed the latest LrC - and cleaned it up to start a fresh tomorrow morning.

I'm used to Bridge so I'll try that method too.  

I feel I may be close to succeeding with the pattern uploads. 

good night from Tassie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan, your screen print of the process of uploading on Bridge was a great help - however it appears that I can't upload PSD files.

This is a problem for me as the usable patterns I've created can't be saved as jpeg without them becoming unusable to any potential buyer.

Is there a way around this? 

I may have to abandon the idea of posting photoshop capture patterns altogether. 

There is one solution that I can see and that it to paste a link to the pattern from my libraries  - or upload the exported library .cclibs file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not upload PSD either from Bridge, Lightroom or site.

Why patterns become unusable when exported from Photoshop as JPEGs?

Bojan Živković

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collardr_0-1648098687311.pngthis is the fill then I click on the library - it also goes into the swatches which if it was true to the original would be easy to upload as a vector. 

collardr_2-1648098883944.png

Illustrator converts the  capture to this

which when patterned cancels the smooth effect. 

collardr_1-1648098778647.png

and this is the sample from photoshop.

I can let this go if there isn't a way around it Bojan but I'd appreciate your thoughts. 

By the way the uploading of conventional jpegs is much simpler now - so that solution is much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've had a win!

collardr_0-1648101464240.png

In illustrator I 'found' the pattern tile and set it up  as a vector.  It seems to have lost the white lines and this ecample shows a smooth effect.  Hope this will mean I can save as an EPS with the pattern sample - perhaps the collection of 6 in the one file.

Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time ago I have submitted some vector files, here is one example https://stock.adobe.com/123658290

For vector files you may need to submit and JPEG preview. Read more from here https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm nearly there - you seem to answer questions as they arise.  I've prepare a tidy Ai file now - but need to reduce its size  -  so the chart is perfectly times.  I feel as if I've attended a masterclass Bojan,  can't thank you enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collardr_0-1648120776785.png

Well they are all on the site !! all thanks to your encouragement and support.

I'll finish the submission tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this links were very helpful - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines