Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop causing severe stutters

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I have run into an issue lately where PS is causing severe lag and stutters across my entire system.

Something as simple as dragging an element around, as soon as I release the mouse, my whole system stutters, youtube videos in the background skip around for a second, audio stutters and is generally unresponsive for a moment.

My PC is up to the task. i7-10900k, 32Gb RAM, 2080ti.

I have used LatMon and it detects severe issues for handling real time audio.  Task manager however doesn't show any significant spikes in CPU, RAM or GPU usage.

All my drivers are up to date, G-Sync is off as that was causing me some issues in premiere and I have even re-installed PS and done a clean GPU driver install. I'd really prefer not to do a clean windows install though.

Could anybody shed any light onto this for me, as it is making PS unusable for me.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a gaming mouse? 

If you're using a gaming mouse (Logitech G700S or similar) with a custom driver, set the polling rate to 125 Hz in the device driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue for both 2021 and 2022 PS versions and changing the polling rate helped it.

Adobe needs to fix this. It shouldn't matter what we set our mouse polling rate to. All the other Adobe applications work fine at higher poll rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines