• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use my wacom on new photoshop no pressure, no touch, very laggy..

In last realase photoshop are jagged and inacurate but i have pressure and bugged touch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the followi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 148 Replies 148
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add the fix posted here, then Alt+Tab to Lightroom, when you Alt+Tab to Photoshop again, the pressure sensitivity is gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone explain the fix to a computer idiot? I cannot add Lightroom or PS 2014 to my INtuos Pro since updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debalbe wrote:

Can someone explain the fix to a computer idiot? I cannot add Lightroom or PS 2014 to my INtuos Pro since updates.

Which fix and what is you problem adding application preferences into your Wacom Intuos Pro environment.  Not to mention Platform and OS version.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015 [ 16.0.0.88 ]

Windows 8.1 pro

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000543a835

Faulting process id: 0x3b0c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0af8303d9c923

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 4a6f4b6b-1b76-11e5-bf26-382c4a8cbdc8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Trying to increase the size of the brush with shortcuts while using the pen tablet to draw a line, (win ink on, pressure working)

http://i.imgur.com/s0l5Kh7.png

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz    39 °C

Tecnologia Haswell 22nm

RAM

12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665 Mhz (9-9-9-24)

Placa mãe

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85M-E/BR (SOCKET 1150)    28 °C

Gráficos

AOC LCD (1920x1080@60Hz)

T2442e (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ZOTAC International)    53 °C

Storage

111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD)    29 °C

931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)    30 °C

1397GB Seagate Desktop USB Device (SSD)    29 °C

Drives óticos

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB

outros: Razer Naga [mouse], Wacom intuos pro tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSUserConfig.txt worked for me to get rid of the pressure and pen's right-click lag BUT now the mouse lag is back.

Switching from the pen to the mouse, the mouse will have a big lag. The very first time you use the mouse after the pen, its fine, but every time after that it has the lag. That only happens in the canvas though, on all the menus is fine.

Its been around since first CC, CS6 didnt have it. I wonder when this problem will get fixed, cause its just as annoying. Its like we have to choose which problem we want to deal with.

any thoughts on the mouse lag problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have another issue concerning pressure sensitivity with WACOM Intuos III - painting with use of the watercolor brushes and very less pressure on the pen, PS do suddenly thick straight lines! Same issue some other like customized hair brushes - thick straight lines depending on the shape of the brush. It's vrey annoying to do a step back all 5 to 10 strokes - mainly with hair...

And yes, i did all the workarounds above;-)

ADOBE where is the update???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having that issue too, but i think it's an issue on Wacom's side. They

recently updated their drivers and after I updated, the bug you've just

explained started to happen (only on my cintiq companion).

Regards,

Cai

e: caiyen.tse@gmail.com | w: www.artofcai.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cai,

thanks - hmm, but i didn't update my drivers last time .. i have a feeling that all that sudden problems are Adobe based ... Did you already report this issue to wacom directy? If yes, what did they say?

have fun,

Sascha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 8.1, Wacom Intuos 5, Photoshop CC 2014, and just downloaded the latest driver for tablet. I have been playing with the windows link in the mapping window, I have gotten my pressure back, for a couple minutes, but totally lose my right click option. So frustrating. AND, the little circle splash animations come back to my stylus. I have been using Photoshop and wacom together for years. I am about to end my relationship if the bugs are not fixed. How am I expected to draw or paint with now pressure or right click? And the little circles make me want to murder. Please help.

Frustrated and behind schedule with angry clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not a resolved issue, nor will it get resolved by the continual blame-shifting to Wacom.

I don't have a Wacom product, yet I have this exact problem with Photoshop 2014 running on Win 8.1 with my Yiynova msp19u. Pressure sensitivity works 100% in literally every other drawing app I run--and I run a bunch of them. This machine is literally one week old and all the drivers and software are freshly installed this past week.

It would be really helpful if Adobe would own this issue and try to get to the bottom of it.

I'm installing Photoshop CC right now to see if this bug is present in the older version.

Edit/Update:

Pen pressure works perfectly fine in the previous version, PS CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed this thread as I had no previous problems with my Intuos 4 and Windows 8.1,and Photoshop cc. However now trying it with cc 2014 I have lost the pressure sensitivity.

Together with other problems with cc 2014 and compatibility with their addons I would not recommend updating to 2014. Stick with cc

Ramigrafx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find this 'Windows Ink' please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just built a new high-spec workstation class PC...Win 8.1 & Photoshop 2014. Wacom driver is 6.3.9w3.

I have the same extremely annoying pressure issues. Unchecking Windows Ink in Mapping does restore some functionality, but pressure sensitivity is still an irritating ZERO.

I've tried this with no useful changes.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder:

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\

Has anyone got anywhere with this? I've been posting in the Wacom forums as well, and there has been a disturbing lack of input from Wacom on threads there, they usually have something to contribute, but not on this matter.

-pw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Win 8, you really shouldn't have to use the wintab interface.

But do make sure that you have an up to date Wacom driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I'm running Wacom driver is 6.3.9w3 which is the latest that I can find as of yesterday.

The Wintab thing seems to make no difference at all and I've removed the file described above. If Windows Ink is checked in the Wacom Mapping Preferences, the pen is almost useless, no left or right click functionality. If I press and hold I get a bizarre, useless white 1cm wide circle which has no obvious function. So Windows Ink has to remain unchecked.

Still no pen-pressure functionality in Photoshop CC 2014 (latest update) v 2014.2.0

-pw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Wacom - something is really wrong with the drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris - It's pretty obvious from the variety of hardware (and other graphics software) people are using in this thread that this isn't a driver issue; it's an issue with Windows PS CC 2014. Don't you think it'd be more fruitful in the long run for Adobe to acknowledge this bug and get moving on sorting it out?

-B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read that. But isn't "windows ink" an option specific to Wacom's driver software? Even if that fixes things for Wacom devices, what about the myriad other tablet/monitor input devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... Windows Ink is a very annoying windows thing, not sure what is good for really. There is an option for Wacom to not use it, and that is what most of us do, not use it. You lose the right click if you use it, and also get those annoying things around the arrow when you click....  I do not know why Adobe had to  "fix" something that was not broken....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right click issue when using system stylus is fixed in the latest release, as well as the Airbrush Stylus stylus wheel issue. Using the System Stylus does give nicer strokes.

wintab vs WMPointer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, latest release of what? Wacom Drivers? what version are you using? because I installed an update last week in my system and still had that annoying thing that it does when you click and right click... those circles around the cursor... only went away when disabled windows ink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the right click issue when using system stylus is fixed in the latest release of Photoshop (CC 2014.2.0), as well as the Airbrush Stylus stylus wheel issue. Re the visual cursor feedback, I have press and hold disabled in Pen and Touch control panel, so do not get the double ring cursor animation. In some dialogs or edit fields I do get a minor stylus cursor feedback for a single click, but not on canvas interaction with tools. What are your specific paint points when interacting with Windows Ink enabled. We can pass these along to the Microsoft folks in hope of getting them to take a second look at their current behaviors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not remember, does the right click works with other applications if you let windows ink enabled? I always had it disabled even before the Photoshop issue since was problematic too with other apps I use like 3DS MAX, PFtrack, Syntheyes, etc.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

I stumbled on a fix for the white circle in another thread. Win 8.1 has all sorts of tablet controls built in.

What needs to be unchecked is in Win 8.1 "Pen and Touch". Go to Pen and Touch> Pen Options> Press and Hold> Settings> Uncheck "Enable Press and Hold"> OK>

This worked on my Win 8.1, CC2014, Wacom Driver_6.3.9w3 system. I now leave Windows Ink checked in Wacom Mappings prefs, and now have no annoying white circle.

This whole schemozzle is looking a lot like an Adobe issue rather than a Wacom issue. Given that a likely majority of imaging professionals across the planet use and rely on  Wacom products all the way from Bamboo, Intuos through to Cintique, you'd like to think that Adobe and Wacom are in conversation with each other prior to software updates that will have an effect on the others product. Can't be too hard.

-pw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines