• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 378 Replies 378
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually resort back to my old photoshop CS2 most of the time. it's a real shame because this ADOBE requires you to keep several gigs of this program on your computer but yet, it still relies on internet connectivity to your servers to be able to use which causes so much lag...that is what I think the problem is.  you shouldn't have to turn off rulers, etc...just to be able to get your projects done.  I still have photoshop 6 at home and I would much rather use it over this new cloud/online subscription BS...Its really horrible.  I have 100 megs up and 100 megs down here at work and it still lags on me.  Just horrible. Please pass this along to your creation staff or something.  Totally ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with  you in fact we shouldn't be turning off anything in photoshop that affect productivity just to enable single tool in photoshop.

ie., turning off windows link will make photoshop and lightroom work a lot faster but pressure sensitivity will stop.

Lets just hope for updates or better build that will fixed most of bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact problem here. Tried everything mentioned and more. Retina iMac, full of RAM, SSD for scratch. This is awful.

Help, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downgrading to CC 2014 - works fine with me.

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.0.1 release. Still not fixed. Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody discovered, or even speculated at, root causes of the CC2015 slowdown (or if it is a global problem, not just limited to a small group of users)? I'm not talking about "fixes" or stop-gaps like turning off rulers or reverting to CC2014 (which I have, btw), but the reality of what could be bogging down CC2015?

Note:

Since I pulled CC2015 I haven't experimented with this, but my co-worker turned off his wifi connection and claims that it ran at more normal speeds. Again, this is certainly not a fix or, hardyhar!, a "feature", but could give an indication as to where the problems lie.

Hey, I have faith that Adobe is all over this, so I don't mean to tell anybody their business. As a fan and everyday user, I only hope that it is rectified soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested Photoshop CC2015 on a Windows PC (Windows 10) and it runs... it runs like a dream come true, its extremely smooth and responsive, and its running in a standard HDD, not even a SDD.

I have no idea if blame to Adobe or Apple, but the horrible performance in OSX still happening even with the latest CC 2015 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious what specifically is slow when you're comparing Mac & Windows performance with CC 2015?  You report that the app runs like a dream on Win 10, but sluggish on OS X.

Have you tried:

1.  Disable font previews - Type > Font Preview Size > None

2.  Disabling Libraries panel - close the panel and quit and re-launch PS

Do either help Mac performance?

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE Disabling Libraries:

I just tried your suggestion and so far it REALLY helps. I am using a new work laptop running Windows and PS was utterly unusable as many have described. I tried a couple of things listed in earlier posts but as soon as I deleted the "My Library" and restarted there was a dramatic improvement. Usable again!

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off libraries panel helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

how can i turn it off ?

Turning off libraries panel helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just closed the panel. But I am still having lag in Photoshop. I need to check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps CC 2015 running very quickly on my Windows i7 Windows 10 PC. 16Gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll never again update any Adobe products when first released until I've waited a month to see what other people experience. That's if I continue to use Adobe CC. Photoshop has the worst lag of them all, but Illustrator and In Design are similarly impossible to use. I wasted a morning trying to talk to 'support' people who had NO IDEA what to do and whose first language definitely wasn't English which just adds to the frustration level as you try to wade through heavy accented questions, apologies and instructions. I would re-install the 2014 CC but I DONT HAVE THE TIME ADOBE! Having just worked a couple of weeks without a day off due to this incredible fiasco, I yesterday purchased and downloaded Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. I feel my time will be better spent learning a new product which people are raving about, instead of persevering with a cumbersome crock which has cost me so much valuable time and money. Given that so many people are having these lag issues, how could they have not struck this during testing?????? Or perhaps they just threw it out there for us to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

overseas support is to blame - i guarantee u the adobe higher ups don't gotta deal with over seas support - overseas only cares about lying how great they are to adobe - i agree - make a better product and u will need less support monkeys !

sfew that is horribly written overseas - nobody has the time to listen to overseas support and their horrble accents tell me they are 'sorry' for the one thousand-th time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I installed the newest updates - and 2015.5 photoshop is running smoothly - the 2015 version is still unusable - i can now at last use the newer PS - just did not have time to complete wipe and reinstall windows and all my other apps the last year - too busy.

The UI is not laggy.

In the meantime...

Affinity - Sign up to the free beta of Affinity on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much ram do u have and which OS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently helped a poster who had a 4GB psb file, and it was taking 4 minutes to save both to the local and external disk on a recent model Mac.

What she found out was that by reducing the History States from the default 50 down to 20 greatly improved the speed. I've noticed this myself. So if Photoshop CC 2015 is sluggish for you, go into Prefernces > Performance and set the History States to 20.  Restart PS for the setting to take effect.

Also look here: Optimize performance | Photoshop

for more advice.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its taking that long to save a 1500x500 logo for web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three ways to save jpegs or Pngs:

File > Save As... choose jpeg or png

File > Export > Export As... jpeg or png

File > Save for Web

Which is the fastest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, let us know when this is fixed. My machine flies through PS 2014 no problem...but take almost 30 SECONDS to open the freaking effects panel: http://screencast.com/t/jlrOuqrm this is insanse and so frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Disabling font previews, library panels, changing history states etc – none of it worked for me. Only going back to 2014 did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same slowness here running NMP 2013 6 core 32Gb Ram.

Spinning wheel of death for minutes when saving.

Illustrator, photoshop and indesign became almost unusable.

Turned off Wi-fi and bingo! That restored a lot of the speed and stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I posted on here about two weeks ago and whaddya know, Photoshop is back to complete crawl today. Not only do I lose valuable time just to the lagging application, but I keep creating errors and problems because the app stalls for so long that I end up clicking and dragging things that I'm not intending too.

I really do believe it has something to do with the fact that we're all connected to the Adobe monopoly now, all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm not recommending permanently disabling your wi-fi, it would be helpful if everyone could try temporarily disabling it to see if that helps with performance.  That would help us narrow down what's causing the problem.

Please let me know if it helps in your case.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines