• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 suddenly not supported. I pay the subscription but can no longer use Photoshop

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay the subscription, and I have been using Photoshop CC 2017 for years. My mac is version 10.12.6, and I cannot update it any more. When I try to open Photoshop CC 2017, the Adobe window opens up and says that I do not have a subscription (even though I do). I ran a free trial, and it was able to work for a week using that, but now the free trial has run out (I paid the subscription regardless). I called Adobe support and they said that Adobe decided that they no longer support Photoshop CC 2017, and that although I pay the subscription, and the software is already downloaded onto my computer, there is nothing they can do. They also said that if I post here someone may be able to help me. Does anyone know of a way I can continue to use Photoshop? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that Adobe no longer supports older software anymore. Their stance is "Adobe supports our current apps and the two previous major versions of each" as written here and here.

Have you tried signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app and signing back in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mmmmrrrrrrr wrote:

I pay the subscription, and I have been using Photoshop CC 2017 for years. My mac is version 10.12.6, and I cannot update it any more.

Hi 

See this help page from Adobe for if your paid subscription reverts to trial. There are four possible solutions. The most common is to sign out of the Creative Cloud app, the sign back in again with your Adobe ID and password.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

Let us know what works.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OS X 10.12 is obsolete and a security risk. I strongly suggest saving for a newer computer. Even a low-end Mac mini or MacBook Air would be faster and run current software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines