• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 won't open on my Mac.

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been receiving messages the past couple of months that my Adobe CC needed to be upgraded to function properly with the updates on my Mac. I've recently installed the latest iOS update and once it finished I noticed that the Photoshop program doesn't want to open. 

I have the duo package of Photoshop and Lightroom--and while Lightroom functions and I can open it--Photoshop doesn't seem to want to. I'm guessing that the reason this is is because my version of Photoshop, CC 2017, could still be a 32-bit app and needs to be upgraded to a 64-bit app? If I'm wrong about this, I apologize--this is all rather new to me, and I've not had any problems up until now. 

I've Googled the trouble-shooting procedures, but none of them seem to work. I couldn't even uninstall the app because the file itself was too outdated to do so.

Is there anyone I can contact in order to get this issue resolved? I'm paying for my copy of Photoshop and I got it for a fair deal when it was being advertised several years ago, and I would hate to have to remove the applications entirely or pay more for an updated version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Photoshop CC 2017 is a subscription version of the application. It is an old version and has not been tested on the latest macOS Catalina. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Please update Photoshop to the latest version (2020) through the Creative Cloud desktop app. All updates to the applications are included as a part of a subscription and there are no additional charges of upgrading to the latest version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you know this is why everybody has disdainfor your products, your services, and your companies whole existence right ? 

We love all the different ways you can milk people who are already milked from every angle-  its great. You keep making your comp sci money off the backs of artists beholden to your mediocre applications. If nuclear armageddon were to happen, I would take comfort in the fact that at least I wont have to deal with your disgusting monopolistic company anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more blunt, CC2017 will not work on Catalina.

Upgrade via your Cloud app.

You will not pay more for your subscription.

You've actually been missing out on new features and paying the same rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks. However some of us prefer 2017 or older versions of photoshop, and i do not want to update it, is there not another way to solve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"is there not another way to solve this ?"

You can roll back your OS. Photoshop 2017 is not compatible with Catalina or Big Sur.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines