• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 extremly slow - no solution in sight

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am browisng and applying all solutions since few days and trying to adjust the system but this is beyond "settings" and since "Legacy compositing" has been disabled we are all sitting ducs now.  Please provide an actual solution since this is the most ridiclous subscription I have ever signed up for. On same machine C6 blows 2020 out of the water in startup and reacton time.  CC should be able to handle anything with the assigned RAM and GPU power:

themezly_2-1607394572112.png

I see many users asking for 2020 fix where others keep on refering to 2019 issues for exmaple https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2020-slow-loading-layers/td-p/10735032?page=1

With this system CC 2020 should fly:

themezly_1-1607394540816.png

By simply trying to move a layer up by holding shift + arrow or drawing a shape takes forever to render. 

Here is real time video, note that mouse movemant is real but the system reaction makes you think is slowmotion.

Moving layer:
https://monosnap.com/file/g2FBuXoOA7aj8cMirWKBFTWbEPFrks

Creating simple shape: 

https://monosnap.com/file/7bLKt4vdeUuG2hwjKi09ihbD1v9rY7 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same issues. Turned out its becouse of G-SYNC problems with Adobe software. If you are using any freesync or gsync feature try to disable it. Not sure if its related with your problem but I have to share this here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and a lot of brush lag. It's unbearable, I havn't been able to get any work done all week and have tried updating and uninstalling several versions of photoshop with no improvement. Might have to go back to CS6! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here, every simple action in photoshop takes way too much time.

Changing tab 5-50sec

Clicking on another layer - same

Scaling - same

Importing some small jpgs into another document sometimes causes system crash or black screen

I'm moving to previous version for now, this is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tomasz5E36 if you are using Photoshop 22.x, I might split this thread as it might not be related to the problems of the previous version. Can you please post a txt file with the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here are my specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running with default preferences? There's a few non-standard settings in there. Try restoring your preferences using this manual method so you can put them back if it's not the problem:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Do you have any anti-virus, or cloud back up software running in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all known methods to try to fix it. Nothing works.

This is something with buffering or not clearing caches in photoshop.

Example:

My work is mainly creating online banners.

When I create new document everything runs smoothly.

When reusing some of the templates I created before it is like above.

I can't create new template with 6 new set of banners every time, I got about 40 banners daily to do.

Reusing recent set with specific sizes into new set helps to save time, but now it is the opposite.

Today I tried to do my work - 2 documents with 6 small mockups (resizing web banners into different sizes), every banner has maximum 10 layers. Moving layers, scaling, saving, switching between 2 tabs takes ridiculously long time. It should be done in one hour, now takes 3. 

Like almost every action I make takes a minute or even more.

Older versions of photoshop didn't have these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reusing some of the templates I created before it is like above.

I can't create new template with 6 new set of banners every time, I got about 40 banners daily to do.

Reusing recent set with specific sizes into new set helps to save time, but now it is the opposite.

By @Tomasz5E36

Do you have an issue only with templates created in an older version of Ps?

Do they use linked smart objects?

Did you try recreating one template in the current version, then to reuse it? (even if I do not remember changes in the Psd format...)

Did you already try to work with stock preferences, as asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reset the preferences. 

No linked smarts. Embedded objects/bitmap - doesn't matter, same behaviour.

New template is fast only when it's empty, but even then it can be 250Mb (1920x1080px 8bit 72ppi, no layers). Compression of Psd files is enabled, when disabled it takes twice as much (new empty document).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I also noticed that Ps is installed in a different drive than the OS, just in case it might be why others do not see the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign on a faster M.2 ssd just yesterday to check if it will change anything. Behaviours still occur. Only on Photoshop, other Adobe and non Adobe software works great on OS and nonOS drive. OS drive is standard SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the hassle, I'm trying to cover all bases.

Where do you see a size of 250MB, when saved on disk? it is well px and not in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, just needs a way to fix it.

Yes, file saved on disk. We are working only on online banners, so always pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little update: 

When new template is created and new objects are copied inside, everything is blazing fast, but if any object (rasterized or not) is dragged/copied from another/older template problem with giga lag occur and new template gets "infected" by it 🙂

Maybe something with the clipboard or excessive information copied from older layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I found this thread that deals about bloated files due to ancestor metadata...

I think you should try the suggestions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/inflated-jpg-file-size-photoshop-docu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this before but didn't have time to check if it works yet.

To be honest, shouln't this happen automaticaly when starting new project (or option inside the photoshop)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Photoshop (just 10h work on it) and I noticed how inconsistent the performance between different machines is (despite somewhat similar hardware). Importing layers from lightroom to Fotoshop is insanely slow, I can understand that is obvious for my 6y old dual core ultrabook to take 7s per layer, but I can't understand how also a new ultrabook (i7 4/8 16gb ram) and my desktop i7 7700k 16gb ram and gtx 1070 both take the same time. It does not matter the storage because the difference between internal SSD and slow external HDD NAS is non existent! 

I tried to load 10 layers but does not help. I'm now waiting for my 900 layers to load and I hope it won't crash again once I align them (like the last 2 times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a year late, but hopefully this might help some others who come across this; I managed to fix this issue by switching my file's color profile to RGB. Anything in CMYK seemed to be extremely slow ever since they removed the Legacy Composition options in Preference>Performance.

Also, certain nuances of gray on Photoshop 2020 and 2022 that takes a large portion of your canvas seem to slow down the file and will sometimes even crash when you create certain layer effects.

None of these problems appeared on PS19 when Legacy Composition was still available.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have suffered the same issue you are having and nothing seems to work. I am unsure what steps to take, I believe it is just something on photoshops end, because this is a repeating issue on many high end PCs ive used 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping for any updates? I too have moved through miltiple machines and upgraded significantly (spending a lot for this specific purpose) to find almost no difference in performance. Honestly my girlfriends macbook air runs smoother on meduium size files than my beefed up pc does. WTF. Am I really going to reinstall CS6? Or do I need to buy a mac? Do mac users have the same issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, in another thread, a user noticed that the font preview was slowing down his machine big time (he had 1000+ fonts installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines