Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 Keeps freezing NOT crashing on simple tasks and small file

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using CC 2021 on windows 11 on a fairly powerful laptop (i5 11th gen, RTX 3050), it's brand new and I don't have plugins or many other programs, so capacity/memory or GPU issues aren't the problem here.

I'm also using a Huion Kamvas 13 with it, but it hardly seems relevant here. I'll show you why:

The program keeps freezing every few minutes even on a very small, simple file with only ±5 layers, most often while I'm just sketching with a preinstalled brush.

Now the thing is there is no crash report because it doesn't technically crash, it just freezes, no buttons, no windows work. The cursor 'freezes' as a brush and I can't click anything, keyboard shortcuts won't work, and I am at my wits' end trying to solve this.

What I have tried:

-Restarting (duh)

-Reinstalling the tablet driver & photoshop.

-using PSUserConfig to override windows ink

-disabling windows ink on my tablet driver

-rolling back to CC 2019 (didn't work!)

-disabling other scratch disks than C:// (I only have C anyways)

-enabling integrated graphics card for photoshop

And none of them worked!

I'm at a loss at this point because I see people with similar problems and no exact solution.

Shown below is the problem. This one happens after 15 minutes of opening photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences > Tools... and uncheck "Enable Flick Panning" does Photoshop work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked and it unfortunately does not solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines