• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 typing backwards (!!!like this)

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, i had to reinstall PS due to resetting Windows. I got the same version i used before (and had no problems with!), and i stumbled upon this issue. Whenever i add a text layer (pasting it using typertools), punctuation symbols are getting typed RTL, whereas i need them to be LTR. (i need it to be "like this!" not "!like this". I already tried switching to middle eastern features, and it gave me a text orientation switch, but it only works for one text layer, layers added later still getting typed RTL. https://i.imgur.com/2Lru0cK.gif

Also I've noticed that this only occurs when i paste text in, it's alright when it's manually typed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

punctuation symbols are getting typed RTL,

By @Daria Kert

Try this: Type menu > Language options  > select East Asian Features.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recently, i had to reinstall PS due to resetting Windows. I got the same version i used before (and had no problems with!), and i stumbled upon this issue. Whenever i add a text layer (pasting it using typertools), punctuation symbols are getting typed RTL, whereas i need them to be LTR. (i need it to be "like this!" not "!like this". I already tried switching to middle eastern features, and it gave me a text orientation switch, but it only works for one text layer, layers added later still getting typed RTL. https://i.imgur.com/2Lru0cK.gif

Also I've noticed that this only occurs when i paste text in, it's alright when it's manually typed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines