• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2021 unusable, crashes.

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding the new Photoshop crashes when trying to edit type layers?

This has happened on two separate documents and is repeatable. 

Open document, try to edit a type layer (leading, type a new word, basically any normal type operation).

Spinning wheel for a couple of seconds. CRASH.

It's basically unusable for me, running Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.6 on a Mac Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

replying to myself - meant to write "I did not need a new computer" .. anyway just spent more time with an Adobe rep,  thought it was solved, but no.. crashed again.  It seems to happen when I have multiple layers with erasures going through the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here ,Camera raw also impossible to use 

System :

I7 intel 10th gen 

32 gb ram 

RTX 2060

WD black 750 1 gb ssd

I usually do light work ,nothing that should overwhelm the system.Whatever I do either crash or stall for minutes for task that should take nano seconds.Going insane.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is not crashing right away. When a load a photo it comes up with the crop tool everytime. Then it freezes. I can't change tools or close the program without Ctrl-alt-delete. I have work backing up, when will this get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using this with a very high powered PC (I know, unpopular) and Photoshop 2021 crashes before I can do one edit at all. Very disappointing!!! I hope there is a fix soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of everyone's woes. Update on my original post. Photoshop 22.2.0 is working ok for me now on Mojave and has been for a while.

I messed around with a lot of the suggestions from Adobe support. Graphics acceleration off, looking for corrupt or problem fonts etc.

Can't say for certain which thing helped, but I "suspect" it was turning font previews off. Type>Font Preview Size>Off.

Obviously this is annoying if you don't know what your fonts look like, but minor if it stops PS crashing.

I have graphics acceleration enabled, but I turned OFF anti-alias guides and paths and turned off 30 bit display. 

I had to roll back from 22.3.0 as it was behaving very strangely when dragging ruler guides, they would carry on moving on their own when letting go of the mouse, not very useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just this second had an update for photoshop. The problem still exists!

I found a "fixed problem" answer online about changing in system preferences and a setting in accessibility and I was able to edit a whole series of images over the course of a few hours without fail.

I started a second series of editing today, all fine. Returned to my work after and the problem is back again. Colour wheel shows and I get a "not responding" note on Photoshop.

I can't believe how long this has been going on for and it hasn't been fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that I pay for a service that constantly updates with more bugs and crashes and has me redoing work each and every day. This definitely meets the expectations of "industry standard"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.

So I was on a call to somebody from Adobe yesterday. 

He advised me to create a new admin user on my Mac, log onto this user and open photoshop. Close photoshop and then logout and login to my usual user and reopened Photoshop and the problem was resolved.

I'm not a technical wiz but he said I must have had a glitch and logging onto the new user and opening it there somehow got rid of it.

I'm still confused as to why that would've worked, I hope this is clear enough for anyone to follow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine stopped crashing, at least for now - but still buggy in other ways.  Adobe Tech support by phone was helpful... although it took multiple calls to trouble shoot.  I took out all the preferences I could find, but there are some hidden things that only their tech support people could find. Call them: 1 (800) 833-6687‬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having the same problem with the latest update PS2021.

But it seems like you have to be a techie to do ANY of the suggestions on here!

it's all Greek to me.  I have no idea what to do--all I know is that I am paying 30.00 /month for a program that is currently unusable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are well aware of the many bugs in photoshop cc21 and no amount of pleading will receive any help from them. They are taking money from all of us for a product they know is broken, eh excuse me but isn't that fraudulent ?

It is time we all got together and demand our money back or sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know...I am not a lawyer or a software engineer. All I know is that, for 'premiere graphic design' software, it should ot be causing this many problems for its users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop 2021 won't even load the interface before it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. PS 2021 wont's even launch. Sent several crash reports, Adobe chat support doesn't even work. I'm back installing to V 21.2.8 to see if it fixes anything.   

One question:  How much of a discount do we get for having to use back-dated software that we pay for, just to get it to work?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time for different reasons. You should not take our money Adobe until you get a reliable product. Enough playing with tablet, think professional please. Today Photoshop 2021 remained at 0% when I wanted to save my work and freezed. So I crashed the program. Then it crashed down alone when I wanted to apply a black and white filter (each time). The day before,  it was the light effect which didn't work... I get back 2020 version but what a lost of time !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of crashs for me too with Mojave... grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT department just helped me work on this and may have fixed the issue I was having.

The Detailed Version: I'm using a PC Dell laptop with i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90Ghz and 16GB RAM. I have Windows 10.18.09 installed and was having problems with Photoshop 2021 crashing basically ever since I loaded it when I first saw it was available. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem persisted, so I rolled back to the 2020 version. It was disappointing because several of the newer features were not available. 

Today my IT support first checked that all my Dell Drivers were up to date and then checked that my NVIDIA GPU drivers were up to date. Then he created a local folder for cloud files to direct to. Not sure if that helped, but my files were getting redirected because my files get saved on a server when I connect to my work's VPN. 

Anyways, the real fix seemed to be when he reset all the preferences following the manual fix listed on this page. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

I only did an initial test and it seems to be working so far. I hope it remains stable as I continue to work. Maybe give that a try if you've run out of other ideas,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is hanging up after using the Spot healing tool.

Bridge was not allowing the Image Processor to work. Some recommended a fresh install of Bridge AND Photoshop, so I did. The Image processor then started working normally again. Life was good.

Today I tried editing a 10Mb jpg. Duplicated the background layer. 4 clicks of the Spot Healing Brush Tool and it hangs. Here's a screen clip of the Task Manager. Yep, that's 2.8 Gb. I'll reboot and try again. Nothing else is running.

Photoshop locked up.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines