• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2022 issues with Wacom Tablet

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Photoshop does not always respond properly with tablet, especially after switching windows

Photoshop version: 23.1.1 20220106.r.202 060a6d1 x64
(I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro PTH-451)

Steps to reproduce:

Problem 1: Tablet fails to register on tab-out
open your document and select the brush tool, draw for a while with a tablet pen
tab out or switch to another window (i.e., discord, firefox, ect)
switch back to photoshop and attempt to draw with the tablet pen

Problem 2: Clicks registered improperly
Open your document and select the brush tool, draw for a while with a tablet pen
hold alt for the eye-dropper tool to select a color from the canvas and click

Expected result:

you should be able to draw again with no issues, the tablet pen functioning as it did before

Problem 2: Clicks registered improperly
The eye dropper selects the color you're clicking on and applies it to your current selected color

Actual result:

you will not be able to draw or click anything with the tablet, it registers the movement of the cursor but none of the clicks/strokes until you click the mouse somewhere in Photoshop and go back to the tablet.

Problem 2: Clicks Registered improperly
Instead of picking the color I'm clicking on, it just leaves a dot from the brush as though I wasn't holding the alt key at all

These things don't happen every single time, but they happen frequently enough that it bothers me and disrupts my work flow. These things happened to me in previous versions of photoshop as well, and every time I install a new version I am hoping it is fixed and it is not, so I thought it was about time to say something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with Photoshop. Could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently completely reinstalled windows which reset everything to factory settings when i had to clean install a new instance of Photoshop, and the errors still occur. Sometimes I don't even have to tab out to get the alt+click color picker problem i'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't solve the problem I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have issue #1, and use a Mac. I've had it with every version of Ps 2022. It happens probably 3-4 days a week, and I shutdown/restart at least 1x a day. It's hard to track, but it happens most often when I'm saving multiple files and then Cmd-tab to other programs while my files save. I don't have this issue with Illustrator or any other drawing program. Once the wacom is no longer clickable, it will not click in any program, and can only be fixed by restarting. 

Ps: 23.4.1

Hardware: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Processor 3.3 GHz 6 core Intel Core i5

Memory: 64 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

Wacom: Intuos Pro PTH-660

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Only happens when working with photoshop and illustrator open at the same time-which is always! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated the Wacom drivers? I use a tablet on both Mac and Windows, both Intel and M1 on Mac, and the only current problem I have is spring-loaded tools on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Updating the driver worked for me. Oddly, the Wacom desktop app said my driver was up to date, but there was a new option available online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, updating the driver fixed it for a day... and now it's broken again. Wacom driver and firmware are up to date. I can move the cursor but I can't click on anything. I don't have Illustrator open (which I usually do), so that's not the issue, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok y'all, I figured it out w/ some back and forth w/ Wacom support. This has successfully worked for over a month! Adobe won't allow links so you'll have to look up each page on the Wacom website.

Roll back to an older version of the driver by following these steps

1. Reset user preferences (page: How to delete Wacom User Preferences?)
  2. Uninstall the current driver (page: How do I uninstall (manually) and re-install the Wacom driver on macOS for a Pen Tablet, Pen Display, or Pen Computer?)
  3. Install driver version 6.3.44-2 (google for this driver version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Issue. Widows registers some brush strokes while Photoshop gets stuck and suddenly i see huge brush strokes on the project. Sometimes the zoom gets jittery and photoshop keeps zooming in and out until I restart the program. I've had this problem since photoshop 2020 in windows 10 with xeon processor and amd graphics card and now I have widows 11, intel and nvidia 3070 and the problem still presists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with Intuos pro on Mac Ventura and before the same. After a while, I can not do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem; where can I find the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

в своей жопе искал?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines