• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 21.1.0: Cursor jumping away after mouse release for some tools

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is driving me insane! Running 21.1.0 on an HP Elitebook running x64 Win7.

With some tools including Clone Stamp, Spot Healing/Healing Brush, Blur, Eraser, and Patch, the stroke jumps up and left about 4 inches after I release the cursor. However, this "jump" doesn't occur with the Brush tool.

This wasn't happening yesterday. I have tried messing with the GPU settings, restarting, un/reinstalling, begging, exorcism, everything. GIF of issue below.

2020-02-28_11-59-20.gif

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's a known issue with 21.1 and has been reported to Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-21-1-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-l...

You can revert back to version 21.0.3 from the CC app until Adobe fixes the issues with this new update

2020-02-21 10_28_16-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. I tried updating the GPU and Display Tablet drivers but it didn't fix it.

Another thing to mention is that in my case, it does happen with the brush tool as well.

Just as for OP, only click + drag will trigger this issue. Just clicking seems to work fine.

Also, this happens only with the mouse, the tablet pencil works just fine, which makes PS usable 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still present in the latest 21.1.3. Any updates or progress on this issue or work around?
It happens even with a color picker in any color range or selection mode - not allowing to select an area since the cursor jumps to a complete random position. 
The worst occurence is when using the hand tool to pan with the mouse, it jumps sometimes across the screen panning at a complete random spot making Photoshop totally useless when using the mouse.
Any operation with the Wacom tablet works fine - currently i just use the pen in photoshop, since the mouse is unusable for almost 90% of the time.

Would be awesome to see this fixed as soon as possible,

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an extremely frustrating issue that i've been having for months.  My work flow is slowed down and i am beyond back logged now as a result.  It appears to happen in both PS and LR.  If i increase the size of my brush it makes it worse.  Please help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue once....it was killing me...I tried everything...it turned out I had set something on my tablet and that was causing the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but my curser jumps at everything. I can't pick colors, I can't even pull anything from the drop down menus. I don't have a tablet plugged in. I cannot get anything done. Please Adobe help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found an answer to this problem.  I have updated to the 2021 version and was not having any problems other than slow boot up (2-3 min).  When I logged in this morning (having changed nothing) My cursor is jumping around when I click on a tab.  For instance, if I click on the filter dropdown, the cursor jumps to type!  Any ideas?  Did I inadvertantly change a setting or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have figured it out.  I have reset my preferences and so far am not having the issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue now - everything worked one minuted and not the next. I trid rolling back to the earliest available version and that did not fix the problem. I have spent HOURS on the line with Adobe, uninstalled and reinstalled the entire CC suite, updated Windows....there is nothing left to do and nothing is fixed. It is more than frustrating, especially to pay for a program that I need but never works. 

In addition to the cursor / mouse issues nearly every tool is behaving like the shift key is stuck - one click on any  photo and the cursor shoots up and to the left in a straight line - I can't work on ANYTHING. This only happens in PS for me right now (fingers crossed!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I also had this problem! But I found out that the problem only occurs when screen scaling isn't on 100%.

In my case I have a Notebook with 4K resolutions. Due to the high resolution i have to scale up the screen Size to 200%. In this case I have to problem with the "moving mouse". If i set the scaling to 100% it works fine.

So to tackle the probelm I tried different things and I guess i found the solution:

Make sure "Programm DPI" and "High DPI Scaling Override" is uncked. It works now fine for me even with 200% Scaling!

kind regards

2021-09-27_09h33_06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but only when I edit an image in Photoshop from Lightroom. Cursor jumps on the toolbar, and when using brushes and other tools. I have the DPI options unchecked. However, if  I start Photoshop and open an image from Photoshop, it works properly. It's like Windows is ignoring the DPI settings when Lightroom opens Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remo28. you're a genius and a lifesaver. Thank you so much for figuring this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remo28. you're a genius and a lifesaver. Thank you so much for figuring this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the solution. Pity that although we pay through the nose for subscriptions, Adobe hasn't fixed this bug nearly three YEARS after it was first reported, and a full year after the userbase figured out the problem on Adobe's behalf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well. On a Macbook Pro 2021. Only for me the cursor jumps the other way: to the top right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 23.0.2 running MacOS Monterey and this bug is still occurring! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

......I'm having this problem with the mixer paintbrush.....keeps jumping and I'm having to command Z every 8-10 brush strokes!!.....it's impossible to work like this and I'm losing money.....please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm habing this probem in every Adobe program--Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Can't work on anything. I have new MacBook M1 and a MackBook Pro from 2016--both have the same issue and its getting worse. Come on Adobe! This is unacceptible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me... I thought it was my computer, and I ran through the every option I could find to fix it.  But it seems to be isolated to just adobe products.  LRC and Photoshop are absolutley unusable.  It's so incredibly frustrating.  Why am I paying for a program every month when I cant even use it.  Anyone find a solution?  I've tried everything I can find out there to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did anyone get a fix on this issue? Only in PS, all updated programs on my mac. My mouse jumps to the top left corner of my monitor- I have tried different mouse, different monitor. All on Mac- anyone have the fix yet? I can't even get to the preference tab because my mouse jumps away and freezes. Monteray version 23.4.2.

This did not happen until Monteray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem twice now, with a couple of years interval on two different MacBook Pro's. Each time the problem resolved itself after a while. I don't have more information, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines