Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC (64 bit): Entry Point not found

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just updated the Photoshop CC (64 bit) and after update the whole thing does not work anymore. When you try to start Photoshop CC you get an ugly message stating:

Photoshop.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point

?ProposeSearchBounds@StructuralImageEditing@@YA?AVBox@1@AEB ...

could not be located in the dynamic link library D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64bit)\Photoshop.exe

Any ideas? I really need the P CC so any help is valuable! The platform is Windows 8 / 64 bit and the P CC used to work..

Update:

The 32-bit version of P CC works. So it is only the 64 bit version that does not start.

Message was edited by: Jari.O

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Well, if you read the thread he actually uninstalled and reinstalled the whole application, the update failed again, and then he restarted and managed to reapply the update somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

@ Talha1997,

Please follow the below mentioned steps let me know if they work:

1. Uninstall current Ps CC app, If there are any issues with CC uninstall then run the Cleaner tool to remove Ps CC :http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html .

2. Restart your system

2. Install Ps CC app from Creative Cloud

3. Do not launch Ps

4. Update to 14.1.2 via the Creative Cloud desktop application

5. Once the updates are successfully applied, Launch Ps CC to verify.

If it does not work please let me kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same error, it worked perfectly up until i did the update. My 32bit version is also giving me an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the update failed for some reason.

Uninstalling and reinstalling (then updating) may be your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after updating. The update installation actually told me the 64-bit update had failed, with a link to "Reinstall update" or something similar. I did not have the time to retry the update at that time, and shut down my computer. After restarting the CC program says that PS is up to date, but when I try to start the 64-bit version it fails with the "Entry point not found" message.

I guess I can just try uninstalling and reinstalling PS, but on a pretty slow DSL line that is time-consuming. A fix or patch would be very welcome.

Here are some relevant parts of the install log:

09/26/13 17:00:54:749 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 4364 | ----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop CC Core_x64_14.1.1_AdobePhotoshop14-Core_x64 14.1.1.0 {AA18BB18-A7CC-4BDB-BA0F-8F338CFAF9D0} -----------

09/26/13 17:00:54:749 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 4364 | ERROR: Failed to apply patch to file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\LogTransport2.exe", Patcher tool returned error: 32769(Seq 263)

09/26/13 17:00:54:749 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 4364 | ----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop CC Core_x64_14.1.2_AdobePhotoshop14-Core_x64 14.1.2.0 {478DF6D8-2FA8-4034-BD49-9D5D64DA3324} -----------

09/26/13 17:00:54:749 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 4364 | ERROR: DF045: File corruption detected. Re-install the product & then apply the patch again. (Can not repair file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\LogTransport2.exe")(Seq 187)

Following this is a large amount of patcher errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User on other thread(http://forums.adobe.com/message/5714611) resolved the similar problem by restarting system and then installing PS CC and applying 14.1.2 update..

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you read the thread he actually uninstalled and reinstalled the whole application, the update failed again, and then he restarted and managed to reapply the update somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had repeated attempts to update to 14.1.2 fail, after which I now get a 'There is a problem with Generator' message when I start Photoshop.  I have tried restarts, and running the AAM as Adminstrator, but no change.    I'll reinstall Photoshop when I get a moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this message when I re-installed.
Then an update appeared.. updated 1min ago.. then VOILA!
It works now.. it only happened on Photoshop 64 bit tho.

I will post again if something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I uninstalled Photoshop, downloaded it again, and let the updater run without starting Photoshop in between. The update applied fine. Maybe it was just a corrupted update download the first time, I don't know. Now it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m having the same problem And now after restarting and installing again and Starting Photoshop CC 64x, It shows the same error and I cant get rid of it....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Talha1997,

Please follow the below mentioned steps let me know if they work:

1. Uninstall current Ps CC app, If there are any issues with CC uninstall then run the Cleaner tool to remove Ps CC :http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html .

2. Restart your system

2. Install Ps CC app from Creative Cloud

3. Do not launch Ps

4. Update to 14.1.2 via the Creative Cloud desktop application

5. Once the updates are successfully applied, Launch Ps CC to verify.

If it does not work please let me know, I would try to resolve it over a connect session.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually in the many cases of this happening and worse. It was a failed update.

1. Just go back to the Creative Cloud program (if you still have it)

2. Go to your apps page.

3. Look for Photoshop and you should see Update failed.

4. Then, click to retry the update and wait for the download to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm also now getting this error too. LR boots up fine but PS gives this error. I checked the PS status as in posting 11 but CC doesn't indicate any update failures. It looks like I'll have to go the long route and uninstall/reinstall.

Dang!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to report that updating CC and then PS has fixed this problem. PS now starts fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using windows 8.1/64 bit and i had lots of dll file missings and i solved it now im having a eror saying entry point not found cannot  find dynamic link to library and what is this AIDE.dillCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20180311_185006.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-12-09 220558.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have this same error while trying to Open Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any ideas for the above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines