Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Panorama stitching issues

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When using the photomerge tool in PS CC I keep on getting an error "some images could not be automatically aligned"

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, it seems like the images should easily fit together. I'm using 4 raw images. When I go to automate and merge 3 of the images come together but one always remains un aligned.

I've tried remerging the remaining image to the properly aligned photos - with no result

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 1.38.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to go back to previous versions.

The recommendation is you reset your prefs.

1. Quit Ps.
  2. Hold in Cmd+Opt+Shift and restart Ps.

You will lose all custom settings.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply, but Iv already tried that. Is there anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let's check our settings in the Photomerge dialog can help us Scott.

In the dialog, choose Auto. Ps is pretty smart at working things out.

Then ensure that the four tick boxes off the bottom are ticked.

For an explanation of what each of those do an tips on creating successful panoramas check out this link.

Create a panorama in Photoshop

If you hit a wall with this merge. You may need to stitch the last shot manually.

Pop it on a new layer, and make a lasso selection for the overlap, soften the selection slightly using Select Menu > Select and Mask. Apply a feather that looks good to the eye. Make your judgement at 100%.

Then choose Layer Mask under the Output to: dropdown.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not nearly enough useful overlap there. You need about 40%, and featureless sky doesn't qualify. Try again with better overlap.

Also you should correct vignetting in ACR first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with D Fosse. I've had this happen a few times. It's the photos.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem for years and have at least a 40% overlap, but not more than 70%, per Adobe's recommendations. I just had this happen again with 13 photos of fields shot from a drone. After 3 1/2 minutes on my 2016 MacBook Pro I got the message that "Some images could not be automatically aligned." I went upstairs and ran the identical images on my 2019 iMac. 1 1/2 minutes later the panorama was created. I ran this scenario through both computers again several times with the same results. MacBook Pro won't generate the pano - the iMac will, and without even working hard. It used 20 GB of RAM, whereas my MacBook is maxed at 16 GB and used 8. New and fast computer with lots of RAM did it for me. I've got 40GB in the new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blaming the images is BS. I have 26 image raw panoramas being correctly merged in Lightroom from my Mavic 2 pro drone being merged without any problems but if I try the same images with PS cc, it never works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have an oversized painting that I am attempting to scan in sections ( 1300mm x 1600mm - 21 sections). The image section I have allowed for is a true A3 - with the scanning area being A3 plus ( 10mm on one side and 20mm on other size that overlaps). There are 21 images in totol. I can manually lay them over the of of each other, so am sure I have allof the iamges I require. 

I have used the automate photomerge tool successfully and easily previously, but for some reason recently is is not working at all, even with smaller poster sized images.  My questions are:

1. Is it because my overlap size is too small ( my overlap size was fine previously)
2. Is it the newer version of Photoshop? ( Have recently deleted and re-install PS)
3. Is it because my PC doesn't have anough RAM ( I have been using and making very large images for some time)

It is super frustrating as it can take over an hour to scan the sections of one single artwork and then to have PS not stitch/merge correctly.  

Can anyone help please? I am desperate at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found that bold graphics don't stitch well, and that might be the case with your paintings. I don't know what they look like, but I'm assuming they might not have the detail in all areas that Photoshop needs for stitching. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for this, other than manually aligning the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines