Photoshop CC "Just seems to hang / Freeze"

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a very powerful computer (windows based) Running Windows 10 Pro
64Bit....2TB of free storage
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, with 32.0 GB of RAM, 

...I am repeatedly having to stop (via task manager) the CC Photoshop software, due to it continually freezing and being unable to add new images for editing. A very intermittent issue but hugely annoying.
Any ideas from the Adobe Support Community from my fellow forum users??

Thanks in advance

Hawke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any info from the relevant crash logs/ event viewer nobody can tell you much. The most likely reason is simply a driver crash, be that the GPU, network or even your storage devices, possibly related to other system activity such as energy saving and waking up from hibernation states, external devices losing connections and whatnot. Again, without more specific info one wouldn't even know where to start, so by all means check your system logs for potential flagged events as well as your device manager. Perhaps a simple driver update can fix it or changing your power saving settings in the system panel....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines