• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have Photoshop and Illustrator, yearly CC subscription.

Decided to trial After Effects (it also automatically installs Media Encoder).

But after installation, Photoshop is somehow unable to render any video (timeline video), it is stuck at "initializing video export".

Searching through internet didn't help, couldn't resolve the issue.

Things I've tried:

Uninstalling After Effects -  didn't help

Completely uninstalling Creative Cloud and reinstalling -  didn't help

Restore the so-called Photoshop Preferences file  - didn't help (did it with shortcut, message appeared as expected).

Tried to disable OpenGL - didn't help

So here I am

I am on Mac.

Help me pls or the only solution I see is to reset my Mac.

Thanks you in advance!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

I fixed it.

I did not have my Premiere Pro and After Affects installed.
After Installing them, some engine must have kicked in, because now I no longer have any hangs at all initializing ANY video functions and/or rendering.
Running Windows 10.

Funny thing; after I reinstalled Premiere and After Effects, I played with them and no longer have a need to do video in Photoshop. 

But it IS FIXED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue for MONTHS.

It turned out to be a 3rd party plug in (insta360 premiere plug in) that was installed in the COMMON (/library/application support/adobe/common/7.0/) folder.

One I removed the 3rd party plugin everything seemed to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! I just updated my Photoshop (2021 — 22.1.1) and File > Export > Render Video would get stuck on "Photoshop Initializing Video Export" at 100% loading bar. I deleted that plug-in folder that you mentioned and it worked.

Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / 7.0 /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut. tu as raison.
J'ai fini par trouver la solution à mes problèmes (impossible de finaliser un rendu vidéo et impossible d'importer des fichiers videos ou sons sur Photoshop).
Pour résoudre mes problèmes j'ai supprimé un fichier nommé "Insta360Importer.bundle" se trouvant (sur mon MAC) sur le chemin suivant :
Bibliothèque / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / 7.0 / MediaCore.

Ce fichier est apparu dans mon système après l'installation de l'application Insta360 Studio 2021, qui sert à gérer les images à 360 degrés.
Maintenant tout marche correctement. J'ai la dernière version de photoshop (22.5.0) et j'ai OS BIGSUR (11.5.2)

Hi. You right.
I ended up finding the solution to my problems (impossible to finalize a video rendering and impossible to import video or sound files into Photoshop). To solve my problems I deleted a file named "Insta360Importer.bundle" located (on my MAC) on the following path: Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / Plug-ins / 7.0 / MediaCore. This file appeared in my system after installing Insta360 Studio 2021 application which is used to manage 360 degree images.

Now everything is working fine. I have the latest version of photoshop (22.5.0) and I have OS BIGSUR (11.5.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver. I had to do a file search for MediaCore. Deleted it. I can finally render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this solution! I made the mistake of looking for the Plug-ins folder in the User Library instead of the System Library, but found the correct location eventually, and trashing the MediaCore folder worked perfectly. 

I'm tinkering with opening the Export Video window, exporting the file, then hitting the Cmd+Z shortcut in the Finder window to put the folder back (since I need those plug-ins in AE), and it seems to work fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talked to Adobe support. There is a problem with the Media Encoder - rolled it back to the previous version and rolled back Photoshop and it now works. Gotta love these Adobe updates, fun every time they come up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I solved my isses by following these video and repairing/adding some .dll files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1VJCNSYYTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfk9B7wNBvA

microsoft link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

This error seem to be due to a large number of issues, as I tried almost every solution avalible.

Hope this helps you like it did me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS for the first time to experiment with a timelapse movie. It will play back in PS but won't render, same issue, i.e. just hangs. Initially I thought my PC wasn't good enough but it seems that this isn't the problem. Version 23.4.2 (latest at time of writing). Fed up and lost hours today trying to find a solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a solution, but here's what worked for me. 

(Just so you know i have Photoshop, AE and PR all installed).

I deleted the old version of Photoshop that was still installed and that fixed the problem yesterday, but it arose again today. The only fix I had was saving my work. closing photoshop, opening it again and its working fine. I'd guess its something to do with the ridiculous size of temp files that Photoshop stores (no shortage of space and 64GB or RAM should be plenty lol).....but restartign PS everytime is the only work around I have at the minute. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not solved now I'm trying to uninstall and install it again now its working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those just seeing this and using Windows 11, I was experiencing this problem. Following some hints elsewhere in the thread, here's what I did: Using Windows Explorer, I navigated to the C:\Program Files\Adobe directory (or perhaps the (x86) version of that path) and somewhere in there (can't remember exactly which subfolder!), I found a directory called "MediaCore". I *moved* (not copied) that folder out of the Adobe path and into some other random place on my hard drive (in case I needed to put it back). I closed down all Adobe software & re-started it, and voila: Now the video rendering is able to finish initializing and I could produce video from Photoshop once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on a Mac runnign PS 24 — I found that closing Bridge seemed to solve the problem. So far. But to be honest I dont trust this process at all.

C'mon Adobe, sort this jankiness out though, its been years!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same problem with Photoshop 2023 v24.0.0 on a Mac with M1. I've installed Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder. Sometimes it will work temporarily, but then next time I use Photoshop it stops working again and hangs on render video. If I close Photoshop and Bridge, and then start up Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder and then restart Photoshop it will sometimes fix itself and begin working again. I hope Adobe can come up with a better fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through the solutions that worked for some people and, unwilling to uninstall Photoshop and other Adobe apps right before a series of deadlines, decided to try this one that worked for me:

• Sign out of Creative Cloud.  Sign back in.

This will force you to quit any open Adobe apps.  When I restarted Photoshop, the issue was resolved.

I hope this helps someone else who's workflow has ground to a halt at the most inopportune time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me

Forget you mobile, I do the Poc
Loose your phone, I do the shot.
Book in... Signature
Tch2Chg C.H. & Advertising concepts outsourcing
Moslty sketches or line starters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still happening in May 2023.. 😞
Signing out and back in for Creative Cloud, then holding shift when opening PS was what finally allowed the Render Video option to work. But ugh, why is this still a thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always asking myself: Can Adobe's worst ever reputation for having no reliable software could even get worse? For sure they are working on it 😕

It's of course nice to have all this A.I. tools, specially in LrC, but hey, please make the basic functions work. Currently (Ps v 24.4.1) the adjustment layers, specially the Curves are jerky, lagging, super slow, unusable. At least on an M1 MBA, 8 Core, 16 GB RAM.

With FCP or DaVinci Resolve I can edit on that MBA super performant 4K-DCI 50 fps videos, they are rendered in an instant, on Photoshop, the Curves adjustment layer is currently unusable 🙈.

Worst of all the bad design of the homepage: it's even not possible to directly access my postings in the Adobe Support Community after logging into my account, there is nowhere a button or function for accessing them directly.

It always takes me 15 minutes until I find my contributions.

I am pretty sure Adobe does that intentionally for avoiding any contact with those unconvienient customers, it's sufficient for Adobe to rip them off.

CC: @CoryShubert , please watch the video attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was facing the same problem. I am on macOS Ventura and PhotoshopCC23.

I tried the solutions mentioned and thought maybe I needed to uninstall Adobe completely and install only Photoshop to see if other adobe programs were causing the issue as mentioned in some solutions here. I did not have AE or Primier but had Bridge and Lightroom. I deleted ALL Adobe files from Utilities and Application Support. I then re-installed Creative Cloud Photoshop only and the problem was solved I was able to export video immediately. Then I installed Bridge and the problem returned. This was when I opened the file from Bridge. Then I closed Bridge and tried opened it directly from computer, again the problem was solved. Then I shut the computer down switched it back on and tried opening the file from Bridge again and this time the problem is gone. Also I haven't yet installed Lightroom, not sure if things will change again when I do but I am not trying it right now. So to sum it up, I am not sure what's going on but just wanted to say what my experience with this problem was. For now everything is working fine. I hope it stays this way.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but only when Adobe Bridge is running. Quit Adobe Bridge, restart Photoshop and then it's working again.

MacOS 12.5

Photoshop 25.3.1

Bridge 14.0.1.137

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a simple solution.  Thank you, worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked once I closed Bridge. When Bridge is open, can't export video. When I close both Bridge and PSD, then reopen PSD, it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines