• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC rotate tool useless, "openGL enabled document" errors

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my MacBook Pro to High Sierra, Working on a document in Photoshop I realized my rotation tool doesn't work anymore. I have the latest version of Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Hi arnaudg2980557,

Sorry that you're getting an "OpenGL document error" while using the rotate tool.

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion works with OpenGL enabled document windows error in Photoshop CC 2014 and let us know if that helps? Also, which version of Photoshop are you using?

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!! I'm so glad this worked for you 🙌

Robin L. Thibodeau
The Inspiration Studio Academy of Fine Art
www.robinlisathibodeau.com
#artistsareculturalheroes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a native canvas option and can't click advanced options either. Worked yesterday, stopped today both days done in PS2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking this on the 26th of Januarry 2023 because my Photoshop 24.0.0 x64 stopped allowing me to use the Rotate Canvas tool as well.

The oddest thing is that, I do have OpenGL enabled in Performance and I have tried the [Deactivade Native Canvas] in Technology Previews to no avail.

I've also tweaked the settings in my GPU Control Panel and it doesn't seem to work either.

I'm out of words or ideas on how to fix this issue.

For reference my computers pecs are the following:

• Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A 
  • Processor: Intel core i7-9700KF 3.6GHz 8-core
  • GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060ti 8GB
  • RAM: T-Force Delta 32GB DDR4-3200
  • PSU: Corsair RMx 850W 
  • HDD: Western Digital 2 TB 3.5"
  • SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5"

If someone has a clue on what's causing this and how to fix it, it would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is currently at 24.1.1. Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if this was directed to me but I do have my GPU up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, for you, I've actually forgotten what I did to correct it but it's been fine since, I did try All of the answers here last night to see if it triggered it again and it didn;t so I don't know what to suggest. I THINK i may have unistaled it then reinstalled it but I really can;t remember sorry. IF it happens again though I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having just looked at the date I poosted It may also have been a Windows update bug. I've noticed NOTHING works on my laptop when one's due, weeks before they even tell me one's due.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap, this actually worked for me!  Awesomesauce! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, this experimental feature I didn't even know was on was causing the problem. Unchecked it, restarted, works again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did this fix on 5/16/2022 and it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I remembered using this exact fix last time I had a problem only to discover today that I have the problem again and the native canvas is already unchecked. Are Adobe owned by the same company as Windows cos they both seem pretty good at breaking stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a computer that meets the system requirements? It seems that most people with problems are using an older machine and support for those is going away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photoshop CC Friends - I had the same issue with the "OpenGL document window" issue. So somehow I had turned it off...so I went to Preferences, then navigated to Processor. A window opens up and there is a tiny checkbox under Graphics Processor Settings. Check that box and you should be good to go. Mine cleared up right away;)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with my Photoshop CC 2022. After 2 hours of searching through many websites, i came to a solution to this problem. I've already tried editing the registries of windows, downloading a bugfix .dll, reinstalling the drivers for my GeForce 940MX and even switching my main monitor as suggested, but none of those options worked. What worked for me is exactly what @rabadadoodoo pointed in this thread. Just in case someone is having the same issue with this tool this is what i have done:

1) Go to Edit/Preferences

2) Access the Technology Previews tab

3) Check the Deactivate Native Canvas checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know who needs to read this... after trying every possibility listed in this forum, and other forums... I tried the simplest thing ever and now I do have the canvas rotation tool back working...

Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Reset preferences on Quit

If you have a specific workspace set up, make sure you back that up before doing this.

I finally have the Canvas Rotation tool working for me!

I hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines