• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC suddenly Cropping Smart Objects or other fills to Canvas when moving them around

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm posting this on behalf of another designer I work with.  I have not experienced this issue however they have suddenly come across this problem.  We're both running Photoshop CC 23.5.1

Delete Cropped Pixels is unselected, nothing else is selected (no marching ants), and Reveal All will not show anything.  PS is automatically cropping things to the canvas bounds, so if he moves a logo around and half of it leaves the canvas it will be automatically cropped to the border, and the logo will be clipped in half if he moves it back. 

Could he have accidentally enabled some setting that does this?  

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does he have Artboards enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think so.  Here is a screen grab of what's happening on his end.  I should clarify that I'm on Windows OS and he is on Mac OS.  He updated to 24.0.0 and the problem persists.  I pressed Shift+V on my end to get to the artboard tool but idk if that's what you mean.  Either way I have zero issues when an artboard is set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines