• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc touch screen tools on surface pro 8

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Photoshop cc for the surface pro 8 and when I try to use any tools with my finger on the screen, they don't work. Touch gestures like pinching to zoom work fine, but not the tools. Before I go ahead and buy a surface pen, is it true that this is because Photoshop tools don't work with a finger on the screen, but require a pen or mouse?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may relate to the new touch behavior on Windows 11 more than anything else. Unfortunately you can only partially bypass it by toggling a group policy setting. I don't have a link handy, but a web search based on this will bring up guides on how to do this. If this doesn't fix it, then I guess you may indeed have to invest in a dedicated pen.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt that it has been changed, but when I had a surface pro, I asked Adobe about the same thing. The response was that the screen interface isn't set up for something so large as your finger for the tools, it's more refinded and you have to use a pen. Just the basic crude things, like pinch zooming will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines