• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc wierd three finger trackpad movement changes view rotation?

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get back to normal?

Undo won't do it.

Revert won't do it.

I have to close and re-open.

I'm simply trying to get around the fact that my clicker on my trackpad doesn't work so well anymore (barely ever).

So, when I don't have a mouse... I have to use three finger drag to resize things or move things.

The OS and apps almost always are jittery and confuse resize or move (select and do anything with three fingers) as trying to zoom in or out or move so it is a rough go of it and takes multiple tries to get lucky. But now, in photoshop I've noticed it rotates my whole canvas (a flat styled graphic of a compass popped up the first time I noticed). It is quick.

Here's what I see once it happens...

rotated.jpg

Any way around it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Have you tried the escape key?

Or have you used the reset tool on the screen rotation tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

I had the same expereince with my Mac trackpad and found that saving the current document you're working on, closing it and re-opening it solves the problem. After turning off gestures in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

A double-click on the rotate view tool also resets the view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the escape key?

Or have you used the reset tool on the screen rotation tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I like the idea of gestures, I find that Photoshop often guesses wrong and they wrongly fire when I don't want them to. You can disable them in Preferences:

1. Go into Photoshop CC menu Mac or Edit menu (Windows) then go into Preferences > Tools.
  2. Uncheck Enable Gestures.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch two finger double tapping does not work for me ESC does.  Here is how it is documented.  But it does not work correctly on all touch devices. It works on my surface pro 3 display.  It will not rotate with my Surface pro 3 touch pad but will zoom. It will zoom and rotate with my Intuos Pro but will not reset with the double two finger tap. So your mileage may vary. I use ESC to reset rotation.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same expereince with my Mac trackpad and found that saving the current document you're working on, closing it and re-opening it solves the problem. After turning off gestures in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A double-click on the rotate view tool also resets the view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines