• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop closed

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, adobe photoshop and after effect programs are closing by itself. When I open 2,3 different filen in photoshop, it closes it by itself and so does the after effect. The files are only png etc. I get the same error though with low size file. It's a very adequate system in my system, I wonder how I will solve this. I tried most of the videos on youtube but it didn't work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

I couldn't find any crash reports with your account logged into the Community. I'll help you figure this out.

Please submit a crash report if you see a crash reporter pop-up: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Open Event Viewer from Windows Search.

• Go to Windows Logs > Application Logs & look for Error & Warning logs.

SameerK_0-1677696105030.png

• Share the log related to the Lightroom Classic crash instance with us.
  •  

As a basic step, ensure no stale preferences in your Photoshop. Go to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adem28255257oxc7 how much free HD space do you have in Photoshop Preferences/Scratch Disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

700gb in sdd, 1000gb in hdd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Adem28255257oxc7 wow 1TB free space? Thats awesome.

Can you go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details here - that will give us a better understanding of what could be going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
After going to the folder that sameer k told, there were 2 different photoshop files, but someone deleted it in 2021 and I opened the application again, this time I encountered a different error related to the video card. Windows was rolling back the video card update, after I fixed it, I did the installation again and now I can use it without any error. Thanks for your comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any crash reports with your account logged into the Community. I'll help you figure this out.

Please submit a crash report if you see a crash reporter pop-up: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Open Event Viewer from Windows Search.

• Go to Windows Logs > Application Logs & look for Error & Warning logs.

SameerK_0-1677696105030.png

• Share the log related to the Lightroom Classic crash instance with us.
  •  

As a basic step, ensure no stale preferences in your Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe

SameerK_2-1677696157017.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, after going to the folder you described, there were 2 different photoshop files, but someone deleted it in 2021 and I opened the application again, this time I encountered a different error related to the video card. Windows was rolling back the video card update, after I fixed it, I did the installation again and now I can use it without any error. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines