• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop closes when using liquify

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop is licensed and up-to-date. After my last update, Photoshop keeps closing while i am working. Can someone help me to understand WHY? For now i noticed when i am trying to apply filter - liquidify. this is one instance since i am working on it right now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the tick mark on the Graphic Processor. I don't see any issue when I open Photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not completely sure what you mean – did you turn off »Use Graphics Processor« and restart Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

If c.pfaffenbichler's suggestions doesn't improve things, try resetting the Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS? Photoshop v 22.3 & Windows 10 Pro

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have? 16GB RAM and 164GB free space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset the Photoshop preferences, under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Running PS 23.5.0 on Win 11. It was working fine a few weeks ago and now it crashes when start liquify. To turn off GPU is not a solution, as it has been working fine for at least a year on this setup and I´ve spent some money to get a good machine to work. It seems Adobe has made something wrong on new update. I´ve uninstalled and re-installed PS. It works fine for the first use than it crashes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines