• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop closing and don't opening again without error message

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try a lot of times open the software, the initial screen happens but the software don't open... after try 20x the software maybeee will open... I need a solution because I work with this and the problem is persistent. Thge software is 100% original and updated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

I know that many apps had issues starting with the december nVidia drivers, timing matches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Coming back to give feedback. After contacting Adobe support, he checked all my computer and it seems that the problem really is in the video card driver, some incompatibility is happening, so I'm using an old driver (which still crashes but less). I think now we just have to wait for nVidia's desire to put a well-optimized driver... Thank you all for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff7souza what are your computer specs -

• Specific version of Photoshop and Windows OS
  • Available/free HD space
  • Graphics Card(s) - list all if more than one
  • RAM installed

In the meantime you can try to reset your PS preferences by holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt and opening the .exe file.

It should ask if you want to reset your permissions.

The other thing to try is to hold just the shift key down with opening to start up without pluigins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer thanks for answer me.

- Photoshop V21.1.1 and Windows 11 Home Insider
- At the moment 200Gb free
- Graphic Card is a GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb
- 48Gb RAM

I'll try your tips! Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff7souza is there a reason you have a 3 year old version of Photoshop?

Did you try resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer Sorry my mistake, my version is 24.1.1, sending a video to show how the error happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two versions, sometimes I open the old version and sometimes the new but the error happening in both 😞

Jefferson24376820ag2q_0-1675713843772.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer Yes I already try the Shift key and holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging by your screensaver - are you using a gaming option for your GPU driver? If so swith to the Studio version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jefferson24376820ag2q_0-1675714285716.png

I'm already in this mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff7souza when you say nothing happens - do you mean you did not get asked to reset your preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer The software asked and I click on "yes", but the error remains...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff7souza sorry to hear this.

If your apps were working on the same machine before & have recently started encountering this error, please try these steps and let me know if they help.

• In the Creative Cloud app, press CTRL + ALT + T (Win) or CMD + OPT + T (macOS) to launch Creative Cloud Troubleshooter & select 'Close Creative Cloud and related processes' > click on Go.
    Doublecheck the Task Manager (Windows) & Activity Monitor (macOS) to ensure no processes related to Adobe or Creative Cloud are running & end the process if found active.
  • Windows - Press Windows + R to open Run Dialogue > enter %TEMP% > Click on OK > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • macOS - In Finder > press & hold OPT key > go to the top menu GO > Select Library > go to Logs > Delete any files or folders with 'NGL' in their names.
  • Restart the computer
  • Sign in to Creative Cloud again.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert thank you for your support but now the program shows this error:

Jeff7souza_0-1675722922676.png
And sometimes, happens the same, none message, the software simply closes, but sometimes it opens normally...

I think there is some inconsistency or incompatibility but I've tried everything and nothing works, it's been about 2 months since this error... I honestly don't know what to do. I always used Photoshop on the same computer and it always worked normally, but with the latest updates maybe, this has been happening quite frequently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point you might be best served to uninstall, run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and do a completely fresh install:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer  I had already uninstalled and installed the applications but not with this tool, I will try to use it and come back to say if it worked, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Creative Cloud Cleaner but didn't solve... I just installed photoshop and it's the same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bom dia ! just to make sure, are there any accented characters in your user account or folder tree?

Since when did the problem occur?

Did you try an older version of the GPU driver, such as the november one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PECourtejoie thanks for answer me

- My user is "Jefferson" there isn't accented characters
- The problem happens about 3 months ago, I don't know exactly
- I didn't try an old version of my GPU drive, i'll try this...

A curiosity is that this only happens in Photoshop, others Adobe software are normal... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop (and After Effects) are the heaviest GPU reliant softwares in the CC package. They tend to point out issues faster due to the reliance on GPU renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that many apps had issues starting with the december nVidia drivers, timing matches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Coming back to give feedback. After contacting Adobe support, he checked all my computer and it seems that the problem really is in the video card driver, some incompatibility is happening, so I'm using an old driver (which still crashes but less). I think now we just have to wait for nVidia's desire to put a well-optimized driver... Thank you all for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines