• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Cloud documents doesn't prompt Save or Don't Save options on exit

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today, too. I saved the PSD in the cloud. Later, I opened the file, deleted some layers and moved some layers to another PSD file. Then I have closed the PSD file and my plan was, NOT to save the changed PSD file. But Photoshop just SAVED the file without asking to save. Now my PSD was destroyed. And on the cloud, there is no file history saved.

Note to me: never save files on cloud again!

{Moderator Note: Moved this comment and its related replies as a separate conversation]

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on the cloud, there is no file history saved.

There should be :

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/open-revert-cloud-document-version.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not. See attached screenshot. "Versionsverlauf" (German for "version history") is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can access the Photoshop cloud document version history by going to Windows Menu > Version History. See the attached screenshot.

MohitGoyal_0-1664830240728.png

Also, the "Timeline" option is available in Asset Web. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop app > Your files > Right Click on the PSDC file > View on web 

MohitGoyal_0-1664830652814.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is something in the preferences as to how often a file is backed up on the cloud, but it still isn't that great, at saving the original file. I brought this up to Adobe, when this feature was first introduced and told them that this would happen. Nothing done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines