• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX Catalina

Im getting this error message popping up repeatedly all over my screen when I try to do anything with an image.   I cant access preferences without this happening.   Ive tried different versions of Photoshop including the latest but they all do the same thing.   Any ideas how to fix this issue?  This is just happening with PS,   Ohter apps are fine.   Ive also tried running Adobe cleaner, but it didn't help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Problem Solved!

I removed all adobe apps, ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool, then trashed the Adobe Apps Support folder on the HDD, not the one in the User Folder, then reinstalled the apps.   Now PS is working without a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Regina218508762qbl ,

Here are suggested fixes from Adobe that will hopefully get you going.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

Let us know how you go.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but Ive read this and tried those steps already. The issue is I can’t even open the preferences without getting an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved!

I removed all adobe apps, ran the Adobe Cleaner Tool, then trashed the Adobe Apps Support folder on the HDD, not the one in the User Folder, then reinstalled the apps.   Now PS is working without a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Regina218508762qbl ,

That was a mission no doubt.

Glad you're sorted.

Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully this will be of use to others that encounter the same problem

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip Regina! However, I was wondering if there is some simpler solution because I have nine adobe apps installed (and I am currently using eight of them), some of which are installed in two versions because the newest versions are traditionally buggy. Removing and re-installing all of them would be a significant time waste. Anyone found some other fix to this annoying problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it alway get an error when I choose the fonts (Could Not complete your request because loadDeepFontCache in GetDeepFontCache failed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines