• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes on Intel Evo laptop

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased an Intel Evo laptop and installed Adobe Photoshop on it. However, I've been encountering frequent crashes while using the software. The crashes seem to happen randomly, but they are more frequent when I'm working on large files or using specific features like 3D rendering. The crashes are quite frustrating and are causing me to lose work and productivity.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, including updating my graphics drivers, adjusting the performance settings, and disabling third-party plugins, but the problem persists. I also tried resetting the preferences of Photoshop, but that did not help either.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point, and I'm hoping someone in the Adobe Support Community can provide me with some guidance or advice. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Photoshop on their Intel Evo laptop? Are there any known solutions or workarounds to prevent these crashes?

I have checked my laptop's specifications and confirmed that it meets the minimum requirements for Photoshop. The laptop is running on Windows 10 Home edition, with an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Adhiyamaan29479459w5ui. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I've checked your account & couldn't find any crash reports. If there is a crash report pop-up at crash, add your Adobe ID & submit the crash report to us.

The 3D features of Photoshop are deprecated & may be unstable. Please check this to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html
If Photoshop crashes randomly, you can try this:

• Go to Edit > Preferences > Performance > Uncheck 'Use Graphics processor' & restart Photoshop.

If this does not help, try the basic troubleshooting steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-crash-or-freeze.html

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adhiyamaan29479459w5ui Go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply. Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data.

Offhand Looking at the specs on the site provided you most likely do not meet the GPU minimum requirements for VRAM. Intel Iris Xe are not meant for power rendering like 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adhiyamaan29479459w5ui 

If you follow the earlier link from Sameer, you will read that 3D is being discontinued because it does not work with DirectX.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

and that Adobe recommends using Photoshop version 22.2 (from February 2021) if you need to use 3D in Photoshop.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Adobe Photoshop Community,

I'm encountering performance issues while using Adobe Photoshop with an Intel Arc GPU, and I'm seeking assistance and insights from the community to address these concerns. Your expertise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Slow Rendering and Processing: When working with Adobe Photoshop on my Intel Arc GPU, I experience slow rendering and processing times. Tasks such as applying filters, manipulating large images, or using resource-intensive features take longer than expected, impacting my productivity and workflow efficiency.

Laggy Brush Strokes and Brush Responsiveness: While using brushes in Adobe Photoshop with my Intel Arc GPU, I notice laggy brush strokes and delayed brush responsiveness. The brushes do not respond smoothly to my input, resulting in a noticeable delay between my brush strokes and their appearance on the canvas. This hampers the precision and fluidity of my digital artwork.

Graphics Glitches and Artifacts: I occasionally encounter graphics glitches and artifacts while working in Adobe Photoshop on my Intel Arc GPU. These issues may include flickering graphics, visual distortions, or random artifacts appearing in the workspace. These graphical inconsistencies can affect the accuracy and quality of my digital designs.

Software Compatibility and Stability: I suspect there might be compatibility and stability issues between Adobe Photoshop and Intel Arc GPUs. These issues may result in software crashes, error messages, or unexpected behavior while using various tools or features within Photoshop. These compatibility concerns disrupt my creative process and compromise the reliability of the software.

I have attempted troubleshooting steps such as updating Photoshop, ensuring the latest GPU drivers are installed, and adjusting performance settings within the software. However, these performance issues persist, suggesting a potential concern specific to Intel Arc GPUs (lenovo.com/de/de/faqs/intel/intel-grafik/

If any members of the Adobe Photoshop community have encountered similar performance issues with Intel Arc GPUs or have suggestions for troubleshooting and resolving these problems, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Let's collaborate and find solutions to optimize the compatibility and performance of Adobe Photoshop on Intel Arc GPUs.

Thank you for your valuable input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines