• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when duplicating layers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an issue that photoshop crashes every time I use the duplicate layer/group feature. This ONLY affects this particular feature though, if I open two documents side by side and drag the layers over from one to the other, nothing like this happens.

But this still hugely gets in the way of my workflow. Photoshop is latest current version, windows 10, drivers should be current to the best of my knowledge. Is anyone else having this issue currently? I feel it started about 2 updates ago for me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Update, a reinstall did, in fact, fix the problem. I apologize for not thinking of this right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen if you use the Keyboard shortcut ctrl + J ? or draging Layers/ groups on the New layer icon in the layer's panel ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue only occurs when using the "duplicate layer" function to duplicate one layer into another document. Duplicating into the same document works, duplicating into a different document always crashes, regardless of document complexity, size, bitdepth etc.

At the same time, opening two documents and arranging them side by side, I can move layers between documents without issue. The downside however is, that this ruins alignment for non document-filling layers, the current - annoying - workaround is to create a fill layer beneath the layer(s) i want to move, then drag the entire stack over and delete the fill layer after aligning the stack with document bounds. I may attempt a full re-install to see if the problem can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update, a reinstall did, in fact, fix the problem. I apologize for not thinking of this right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines